Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New street Glide what accessories should I be looking at?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 07:43 AM
woosh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrome front end, seat, and painted inner fairing.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:48 AM
OU812
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

When I got my 09 Steetglide first thing I did was put Rineharts ,K & N filter, 4 point docking hardware kit, short sissy bar, kury grips with throttle boss. As far as the seat I went with Mustang Day Tripper Wide. As far as windshield 8 inch for the winter & the stock 4 inch for summer.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:49 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 71,139 Likes on 21,564 Posts

Originally Posted by kingan936
Thanks for all the quick replies, Im researching as much as possible, i just wanted to get the necessities, so I think a sundowner will be in order also is the heavy breather worth the extra money over a stage 1?
I really don't know if you'll gain much if anything w/a "heavy breather."
If you plan on doing some motor work(heads, cams, etc.) then maybe but other wise just have them put the SE A/C on it and then you can run it open, and IMO looks much better than that ugly arm sticking out..

Old 02-06-2011, 07:56 AM
kingan936
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I will go with the se stage 1. i got a rewrds card through the dealer and i get 2500 dollars with the purchase of the harley so its tech not my money but i do want to spend it wisely, Does anyone think the extended warranty is worth while? Does mustang or corbin make anything better than or as good as the sundowner for cheaper price? Thanks again for all the replies.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Wonderbob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. You are going to want a higher windshield. If you plan on doing any serious miles the whole air-management thing is something you'll want to study (unless of course you like having your head rattled!). This forum has lots of good threads covering that issue.

Ride safe and welcome to the dark side!

Old 02-06-2011, 08:22 AM
afphinfan
Advanced

Originally Posted by kingan936
\Any advice? Im thinking vance and hines big shot true duals, SE Race tuner and stage 1 vs heavy breather? Next is wifes comfort, so any suggestions on sissy bar or do i need a new seat? and any passenger floor boards I should be thinking of? Any suggestions is appreciated Im looking to get the most bang for my buck, also Helmet suggestions I prefer full face are the harley ones worth the money or should i think HJC Thanks again
Grats on the ride! I'm in my 1st month of ownership of mine as well ... only 350 miles so far due to weather. I looked at the sundowner and the tallboy, wife said both were comfy so I went with the tallboy for more legroom. Also, had floorboards on last bike and she wanted to try the pegs ... she actually likes them better because they allow her more movement. May want to give your wife a chance to try pegs out and if she doesnt like them then change em. I was happy because boards aren't cheap and don't look as good. I got a deal on the Harley modular helmet so it ended up being cheaper than what I could have gotten same HJC locally ... love this helmet. I also added a Clearview 8" dark smoke shield that works well but still looks good.

I haven't done the stage 1 thing yet but plan to ... just want to know all my options and prefer to go with black pipes. Would look to see some pics..

Old 02-06-2011, 08:25 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 71,139 Likes on 21,564 Posts

I think it a crap shoot with the extended warranty.. Some swear by it some don't.
I didn't mess with it..
Corbin and Mustang are good but very expensive..
C & C makes custom seats for $350 and up and will make it out of what ever kind of leather you want.. hard to beat the sundowner's though price wise..

Old 02-06-2011, 08:29 AM
kingan936
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im pickin the bike up in 6-10 days hopefully, Ill post pics as soon as I get it home

Old 02-06-2011, 08:59 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default congrats on the X

Many have posted good advice, take your time and enjoy the search for the perfect add for you.

If you want to add a backrest or anything else, get the 4 pt docking system. This gives you more options later as you decide you want a TP or luggage rack.

If you decide to go with the sundowner seat, I would post in the WTB section, I got a good deal on mine there.

Windshield. I like the KW but the new HD shield looks pretty good.

Pipes are very subjective and you will get many opionions on them. Take your time, look at other bikes and listen for the ones you like.

I like my heavy breather, the one problem I have now is that the long filter does not work with my vented lowers.

highway pegs, I like the 360. I have them set up so I can have my heel on the fb and still reach them.

Congrats on the new ride! BTW the seat on the 11, is much better than the 10.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:03 AM
jbleim
Advanced

You're going to love the SG! First and foremost was a new windshield for me. The small 4" shield looks great, but channels wind right into your face. Some may like it, I did not. I go an 8" shield with recurve from Clearview. Next was a sundowner seat with adjustable drivers backrest. My bike (07) came with 4 pt docking hardware preinstalled at the dealership, so I bought a tourpak that I can take on and off for longer trips and for 2-up riding. I also swapped out the grips right away and added highway pegs to stretch out. After the first 1K miles, I added V&H ovals, Stage 1 breather and PCIII.

I didn't get the extended warranty and haven't had any problems. *knocking on wood*

Good luck!

Regards,
JB

Quick Reply: New street Glide what accessories should I be looking at?