Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride Shields anyone

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Bigdad68
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Ride Shields anyone

I am concidering the Long Ride Shields Classic or Ultra. Anyone have one? What do you think? I have the OE tall clear on my 02 Ultra but want an 8" shield, can I do it without to much wind change?

Old 02-08-2011, 11:39 PM
legendzzz
Road Master

I order a shield from LRS on 1/20/11, placed the payment through Pay-Pal and they said it would takes 9 DAYS to get it at the LONGEST ! Well 18 DAYS LATER after many E mails to find out whats was going on and BUYING a different Brand at my Dealer it finally came . Then at which point I wrote to them to send a CALL TAG to pick up the shield because I have one already they have done NOTHING!! So I stopped my Pay-Pal payment to see if that gets their attention and as of today they STILL have not gotten in touch with me ?????
I mean THE WORST CUSTOMER service I have seen and I have seen a bunch , they really do not care !
If at least Matt would have called me and told me the reason for the ENORMOUS DELAY and then would had offered to me to cancel the order ? NO they sent me an E mail showing a Tracking number (that didn't work ) That it was shipped and 9 days after the order was paid for was in CALIF!
So if you do not mind waiting for your shield 18 days then it might be worth it?
Oh also there were guys who sent in their orders 4 days to 10 later who received their shields ahead of me ?
They do not like me ?LOL!
If you do not mind this type of abuse and terrible Customer Service be my guest.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:46 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Sorry to see the above post .. I had my LRS Ultra inside of 2 days in Dec when expected it to take them a week before got it .. Highly recommend them ..

Old 02-09-2011, 12:16 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 2 e-mails sent to them so far with no response. The story to come later if I don't hear from them soon.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:25 AM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
Sorry to see the above post .. I had my LRS Ultra inside of 2 days in Dec when expected it to take them a week before got it .. Highly recommend them ..
This was my experience, too. Great help on the phone. Shield arrived sooner than I expected. VERY happy with quality. Not sure what's going on now. From the posts I've seen, looks like the problem might be with the clearance shields. I ordered from regular stock, I guess, and had no problems.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:32 AM
legendzzz
Road Master

You could have the GREATEST PRODUCT in the world But if you do not have a GREAT customer service and chose to screw your customers who are trusting you to get that product to you then you are DOOMED my friend DOOMED!
No communacation does not help either , I have been writing them since 9 days after I paid and they still have not called me ? I am sure they are reading these threads and what would you do if you owned LRS ? Call I would think ?
But they do not care at all ?

Old 02-09-2011, 01:26 AM
Dailydbl
Advanced

I've purchased 2 shields from LRS, a 10" Classic 1 1/2 years ago and a 10" Ultra last month. Good customer service and very timely shipment both times. The Classic worked great so I though I would try the Ultra, just for grins. I'm not sure I like the Ultra. First, it's much thicker than my Classic, so much so that the batwing doesn't seal up well. Second, although it does move the height of the "pocket" up a bit, I seem to get more swirling air around my face. This is not swirling that causes my head to shake, but rather tickles my nose and blows up under my sunglasses and drys out my eyes. I don't recall having that issue with the Classic.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:56 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by legendzzz
You could have the GREATEST PRODUCT in the world But if you do not have a GREAT customer service and chose to screw your customers who are trusting you to get that product to you then you are DOOMED my friend DOOMED!
No communacation does not help either , I have been writing them since 9 days after I paid and they still have not called me ? I am sure they are reading these threads and what would you do if you owned LRS ? Call I would think ?
But they do not care at all ?
Not Disputing you legend but something ain't right here I want to know myself what is wrong as I said got my Shield back in Dec with no Worries .. If theres a problem now, sure want to know about it and sure others in the forum do as well ..

Old 02-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Mark
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem, no response to my e-mails. Sloooow shipping.

Mark

Old 02-09-2011, 05:44 AM
captsluggo
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also ordered one of the clearance shields, fully aware of the discount shipping method. Why order a "second" part? Lower cost, that's why, and I actually appreciated that shipping costs were as low as possible. USPS tracking is not the most informative, but showed that it was shipped the next day after being ordered. Yes it took a couple of days longer in transit than the 9 days claimed.
Now about the shield, if there is a defect, it must be microscopic, it is BETTER than claimed. The total price was LOW, partly because of the cheap shipping option, partly because of LRS giving a great deal.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about a vendor, but it seems like LRS is getting bashed for trying to move a product at the absolute lowest possible cost. They have responded on this forum as well.
I am fully satisfied with the deal I ended up with. YMMV
Captsluggo

Quick Reply: Long Ride Shields anyone