Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fire Fighters Discount ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 05:51 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

not my dealer
was looking at a Rescue Bike w/ lights and siren set up
because I'm active with a volly. part time and still considered on the rolls

Nada, zip, zilch

Old 02-14-2011, 05:52 PM
streetglide44
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok here I go. Slab savers whining get on my nerves. Too cops with guns and bullet proof vests who get a lot of their meals free get on my nerves too.
I am a Power Lineman. I work everyday on lines energized up to 23k volts, just so people can have tv, lights, a/c, heat, life support. Any discounts to us, no! When the weather gets bad and everyone cowers, we go to work. And we work bad neughborhoods night and day. Just my. 02

Old 02-14-2011, 06:09 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by streetglide44
Ok here I go. Slab savers whining get on my nerves. Too cops with guns and bullet proof vests who get a lot of their meals free get on my nerves too.
I am a Power Lineman. I work everyday on lines energized up to 23k volts, just so people can have tv, lights, a/c, heat, life support. Any discounts to us, no! When the weather gets bad and everyone cowers, we go to work. And we work bad neughborhoods night and day. Just my. 02
Don't hate because ladies love our uniforms

Old 02-14-2011, 06:20 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

True, but you can zap yourself in the nutts when nobody is looking, any time you want, at our expense.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:27 PM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The love here, wow!
maybe when i grow up i can B a firemenz or a copper!

He, He, all you public safety guys and gals out there, BE SAFE!
I'ts a dangerous world out there in these day!

Old 02-14-2011, 06:29 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I never excepted or accepted a free meal in 21 years, not only is it against my depts policy it is against my policy. The owner of the HD that gives cops discounts was a cop and I suspect that if he or his wife had been a lineman they probably would give lineman discounts.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:42 PM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 123 Posts

I got 3% plus no delivery or assembly charges.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:42 PM
humboldtsgt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
I never excepted or accepted a free meal in 21 years, not only is it against my depts policy it is against my policy. The owner of the HD that gives cops discounts was a cop and I suspect that if he or his wife had been a lineman they probably would give lineman discounts.
I agree 100%, Inquire to many dealers that you might want to do business with. The special edition bikes are not counted against their annual inventory so they have a bit of wiggle room. I ordered a 2011 FLHR POSE at 10% off the base price (although it is not listed on the web site, i was shown the MSRP for the special edition bikes). Dealer also waived any freight and setup charges. There is a form the dealer will have you fill out and will need a copy of your ID. Having said that, the dealer/owner told me he would have given me the discount on any bike I would have ordered.

My 2 cents

Old 02-14-2011, 06:45 PM
redhwk44
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my Black FF edition back in March of last year and paid $21,187 , thats tax, title and license. I also added security and ABS, I think that upped it by $1400. Before I bought mine I sent out E-Mails to 10 of the nearest dealers to me. In the e-mails I told them exactly what I was looking for and for them to give me their one time best price. I had some dealers that tried to charge me more for the FF edition than for the regular Ultra. The highest quote was $24,800 and that included abs & sec. with tax title and license. Hope this helps.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:53 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

If they ever make a "Lineman Special Edition", be sure to let them know you want to pay full price.

H-D makes "Peace Officer" and "Firefighter" "Special Editions". Some dealers discount them...some don't.

Stormy Hill in Clermont, Gator in Leesburg, Ocala and Crystal River do.

Quick Reply: Fire Fighters Discount ?