Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fire Fighters Discount ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 04:34 AM
VTGlideRider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone always forgets EMS. Spent 20+ years in professional EMS, 7 of those in an urban, inner-city service in NJ. Try getting shot at with nothing to shoot back with. And no, I never got a discount on anything, especially big ticket items like my EG Classic, nor did I ever ask. Let's also not forget that lots of people have dangerous jobs that aren't in the emergency or uniformed services, or the military, who are a big part of our being able to ride where and when we want.

To my hose-pulling and gun-toating brothers and sisters, stay safe! But if the sh*t hits the fan, don't forget whose gonna come and get you!

Old 02-15-2011, 05:17 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Reply deleted because I had nothing good to say about the "entitlement" attitude so many law enforcement/firefighters have.

Last edited by JakeInMa; 02-15-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:27 AM
DMorr99
Road Master

If I owned a dealership, and I knew the buyer was a cop, I would charge him more. I would rip him a brand new a$$hole on the deal if possible.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:26 AM
HDDOC
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If I knew where this thread was going I would have never asked the question. I never realized how many people really dislike FF and LEO. For all of you that gave a good response I Thank You!!! For all the negatives please place a sign in front of your homes expressing your feelings so I can have my brothers in uniform Thank You. On another note I recieved my first discount from Mother Harley back in 1970 when I bought my second Harley from the BX in Saigon and it was waiting for me when I returned home to the states. I believe that discount still applies to all our troops today. Thanks Doc

Old 02-15-2011, 07:08 AM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Service

Originally Posted by HDDOC
If I knew where this thread was going I would have never asked the question. I never realized how many people really dislike FF and LEO. For all of you that gave a good response I Thank You!!! For all the negatives please place a sign in front of your homes expressing your feelings so I can have my brothers in uniform Thank You. On another note I recieved my first discount from Mother Harley back in 1970 when I bought my second Harley from the BX in Saigon and it was waiting for me when I returned home to the states. I believe that discount still applies to all our troops today. Thanks Doc
God bless those who truly serve this nation, pi$$ on the offenders.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:26 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got about 10% off here in Charlotte when I purchased my bike back in 2008. We get 15% off parts and gear. Keep trying till you find a dealership that likes fireman there are still a few out there.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:59 AM
acftgrunt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Noble Jim
God bless those who truly serve this nation, pi$$ on the offenders.
The only way I have seen Military getting a discount on a HD is if your ordering the Bike thru AAFES while your deployed. When I am home the local dealer gives Military a 10% Discount on Parts and Clothing once a month (First Saturday).

Glad you LEO and FF get yours but sometimes it's over emphasized.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:24 AM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DMorr99
Why would a fire fighter or a cop get a discount? I just don't get that mentality. I'm an Army civilian and see 18-20 year old kids pass through the Landstuhl hospital all the time missing arms and legs. Let's not pat ourselves on the back too hard for "protecting the public" while we got this **** going on.
Most give military discounts as well. Also lots of FF and cops are vets. Most dealers have discounts for all sort of things. Also Harley has special editions cop, FF, and shriner bkes like stated before tnat do not count towards their yearly allowance so they can be flexible with them. But back to the op I got delivery and set waived back in 06 plus free labor on all of my upgrades.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:54 AM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain

Amchd in Albany OR gives discounts on bikes, parts, and labor to all public safety and military 100% of the time. Discounts varies depending on the item sold.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:15 AM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
MY TAKE IS OP wtf makes ya special and deserve a discount over me??? I never got paid for sleeping,eating and playing cards...........grow up

Agreed!

Quick Reply: Fire Fighters Discount ?