Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Bag Lining

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:58 AM
spokes54
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the Harley felt (I guess they are felt) soft and fuzzy-how's that-set in liners since I bought my SG in 06. They are awesome and keep everything from rattling around and wearing the plastic on the insides of the bags.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Tiki Steve
6th Gear

Thanks guys, I might wait till I can drive over to the Detroit HD (install there, no duty/tax/shipping, 25% cheaper) and get the HD formed ones. I like the removable aspect verses glueing in.

I also picked up some lowers glove box liners (HD molded felt), that are a nice addition.
Tip on install, check which is left and right BEFORE you put one in and then have to try and get it back out!!

Old 02-22-2011, 10:59 AM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

bought a 3 piece set for theses guys. A little cheaper than HD. Made in USA and great quality. Lifetime warranty and there is always rain gear and extra gear in the bags These you just pull out and take with you Really like them. Good fit too
http://www.tlcproducts.com/servlet/StoreFront

Old 02-22-2011, 11:22 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by utlonghorns416
I made these for mine...
WOW, those look great! Did you keep the template? I'd love to borrow it if possible. Great job!

Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM
SunCruise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank to all for your replies. All the information I was looking for and some pics too !!
Since space is at a premium..."Thin Wins" (glue -in). As stated I will just have to take my time and do a nice job. The grey will be easier to see into than black, and have a nice finished look.
Removable ? that will be another liner with handles, and sure it will still fit since I saw those inserted along with the (thicker)HD lining.
Lastly.. rattle.. don't know that I ever heard my (leather covered) hard bags rattle, what with wind, motor and exhaust noise, not to mention ear plugs. My guess is the "hard
bags" will need a little cushion. SC
Oh and the "Crushed Velvet" Nice Work !!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:52 PM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tiki Steve
I think he has a post on the lineing job he did, great looking work!

But back to the original poster, I'm also looking at the bag liners (felt type). There seems to be three choises, HD's hard formed felt, DS's slip in (uses velcro, and are soft formed), and the glue in kits. I also have the soft sided ,handled, travel bags and hope you can still use with them.
So anyone have experiance with these?
you can still use the bags, but like I said you give up 1/2 inch of width an length. Might not sound like much, but its a pair of jeans in each bag if you back smart. I leave the moco liners in around town, but I'm sure I'll take them out for road trips.

Motorcyclesuperstore has Dalcow slip-in zipper bags for only $18 bucks. Thin and light, and a slippery material. They likely will only last a few seasons, but what the heck.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:31 PM
motordog
Road Captain

Had a local upholstery guy do mine. $150 total - dark gray liner and labor.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:57 AM
rdglider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SunCruise
I just ordered hard bags for my King Classic and looking to line the insides. Anyone use the Drag Specialties one that comes in pieces and glues in ?
The fit looks great in the pics.
Second choice would be the HD ones that just set in. Any Ideas or info would be great ! SC
I have the Harley ones and they work perfectly. Look good and are very durable. I also bought liners for my Road Glide Glove boxes. Stops rattles and is safe for glasses.

Best regards!