Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATE - LED Head Light Comparison JW/HD & TL

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 01:23 PM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the hid balast is not a digital one it will interfere with radio and cb i have older non digtal balast in my truck a loose some radio stations with the lights on

Old 03-06-2011, 06:07 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW, the LED & dual bulb headlamp are both made by Jwspeaker. They also made the HID for HD.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:24 AM
bogiediver
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderBueller
All I want to know is if you made any contacts with these mfg's that you could convince to produce a new Road Glide system to replace the less than adequate lights they're built with.
I have talked to TL about it... But, I never knew until I took a close look at a RG Ultra (that I really want... but no $$$ to do it <bummer>) last weekend, the RG headlights are oval. I had always thought they were a pair of 5-3/4" round. So I don't know what the outcome will be...

Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
BTW, the LED & dual bulb headlamp are both made by Jwspeaker. They also made the HID for HD.
Confirmed my thoughts... looked like it probably was...

Old 03-07-2011, 03:25 PM
foundryratjim
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The brown truck brought my headlight today. The first photo is the light out of the box. The part number on the light and on the box is 27250c. The box says Made in USA but i couldn't find it on the light itself. The next photo is the light on low beam, 6 LEDs lit. The next is on high beam with all 10 LEDs lit. The last shows how far the lens sticks out from the ring. This is my only complaint. They were designed for cage use so this would not be an issue. I would think once they realize the market for motorcycles this will change. This light is BRIGHT!, but i believe it is worth every penny! If you order one of these from Custom Dynamics or anyone else be sure to verify what version you are getting. I ordered from Custom Dynamics because i have dealt with them before and they are excellent to deal with.

UPDATE - LED Head Light Comparison JW/HD &amp; TL-100_0700.jpgUPDATE - LED Head Light Comparison JW/HD &amp; TL-100_0701.jpgUPDATE - LED Head Light Comparison JW/HD &amp; TL-100_0702.jpgUPDATE - LED Head Light Comparison JW/HD &amp; TL-100_0703.jpg

Old 03-07-2011, 03:41 PM
bogiediver
Cruiser

There are always offsets... in order for the back end of the housing to fit without modification, the front end sticks out a bit.

I think you'll find it grows on you after a while. Mine has the 'frenched' trim ring, so it's a little less obvious.

I agree - the folks at Custom Dynamics are great to work with. I believe this is the first confirmation that they are shipping the P6.

You're in MI - so I guess you're also waiting for the weather to give us a break... wait 'til you ride with it at night...

BTW - it is definately made in the USA

Old 03-07-2011, 10:19 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the Harley-JW Speaker Led light stick out like that also?

Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 PM
RabbitsHell
6th Gear

Originally Posted by vtwin1340
Does the Harley-JW Speaker Led light stick out like that also?
No, it does not stick out like the TL does. It sticks out the same amount as the stock headlight. I'm taking my bike out of storage Saturday, I will take a picture of the side view and post it here for you.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 AM
gbinman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by foundryratjim
The brown truck brought my headlight today. The first photo is the light out of the box. The part number on the light and on the box is 27250c. The box says Made in USA but i couldn't find it on the light itself. The next photo is the light on low beam, 6 LEDs lit. The next is on high beam with all 10 LEDs lit. The last shows how far the lens sticks out from the ring. This is my only complaint. They were designed for cage use so this would not be an issue. I would think once they realize the market for motorcycles this will change. This light is BRIGHT!, but i believe it is worth every penny! If you order one of these from Custom Dynamics or anyone else be sure to verify what version you are getting. I ordered from Custom Dynamics because i have dealt with them before and they are excellent to deal with.

Attachment 170957Attachment 170958Attachment 170959Attachment 170960
Mine extended out somewhat like that. It looks like more on your RK. The Frenched Trim took care of it on mine.

Today the frenched and stock ring are coming off for the Kury LED Halo ring.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:34 AM
bogiediver
Cruiser

Been curious about that halo ring... appreciate any pics you might be able to take as you're installing and after...

Old 03-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Beanerflhx
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another Great right up guys. Thanks

Quick Reply: UPDATE - LED Head Light Comparison JW/HD & TL