Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlemen support

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 05:32 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Saddlemen support

Got a trip coming up next weekend so I ordered a Saddlemen BR3400 bag from Dennis Kirk. The big brown truck delivered it today. Upon opening it I noticed a tear along one of the seams.

I called Dennis Kirk's customer line. They said they don't accept returns on Saddlemen products (even though this one arrived in this condition). They told me I have to call Saddlemen.

OK, called the number provided and got their customer service department, where I was prompted to leave my name, number and date/time of my call.

Anyone have any dealings with Saddlemen's customer service? Frankly, I was expecting better, given their reputation.

Last edited by pargenz; 03-01-2011 at 05:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JatoTheRipper (10-08-2021)
Old 03-01-2011, 05:41 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems kind of odd to me that DK would not handle the problem. I have ordered things from them before, actually expecting a set of stainless braided plug wires tomorrow but have not had a return issue. Guess if I order from them again I will ask about their return policy. If I were you I would call DK and speak to a supervisor. The squeaky wheel tends to get the grease.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:50 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member

I was surprised that DK wouldn't take it back. After all, they included a UPS return label. But, they said that Saddlemen handles their own returns directly.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:02 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 211 Posts

I ordered a Saddleman road sofa for my FLHX a few years ago. It was a $500 seat.

It took much longer than I was told to recieve the seat. My calls and e-mails weren't answered like I thought they should've been, but....................

I got the seat on Thursday. My wife and I headed out on a 700 mile trip on Friday evening. Even though the seat was everything they adverstised, it just didn't fit my FLHX and mine and my wife's opinion of what we really wanted.

I called Saddleman on Monday morning and told them I didn't really like the seat. The offered to take it back and modify it any way I asked them to. I told them that it just wasn't for me.

The rep didn't miss a beat. He said OK. You got the seat on Thursday. We have a 3 day unconditional refund policy. He said Friday was my first day, the weekend doesn't count, so I was within my 3 day limit. They took the seat back and gave me a full refund. I had to pay shipping to and from, but that is only fair.

I guess I am saying that they disappointed me in the beginning with customer service, but came through in the end when it was my money we were talking about.

Even though I didn't care for the road sofa on a FLHX, Saddleman earned my respect and my future business for taking care of me when it mattered most (almost out $500 for a seat that I didn't want.)

Dennis

Old 03-01-2011, 06:50 PM
jasnusc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would wait until they call you back and see what they say before I posted on here.

I was thinking about buying some Saddleman bags and stopped by their place and all the employees were very nice. Only 2 or 3 people in cubicles answering phones so they might be busy?

Hopefully they get back to you soon and take care of it and that would be the last time I dealt with DK if I was you.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Matt0987
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So... How did this turn out? Did they make it good? Quickly?

Old 08-02-2011, 11:11 AM
dnitram
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you paid with a credit card and neither party will step up to the bat and make it right, then I'd file a dispute with your credit card company.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:21 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member

DK said that some of their suppliers handle their own returns, and Saddlemen is one of them.

It took a little while to resolve because the guy I needed to deal with was away at a rally. When he got back he agreed to swap that bag for a different model - and that's what I did.

I used the torn bag in the interim, so it was OK. The whole process took longer than expected, but the outcome was satisfactory and I'd do business with both again.