Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics Of Your FLTC Tour Glides.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:55 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Absolutely beautiful examples of the Tour Glide.

From the limited number of responses I guess Tour Glides are becoming rare these days.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, they are. Most people that purchase them, I have found, get them really cheap. Then they are taking the Fairing off and making it a Road King type. Just look at eBay for the Fairings for sale and you will see what I mean.

What a waste.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Tek74
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it. Its amazing how much Character motorcycles had back in the 70's and 80's. The bikes of then seemed to be high on Character scale, while the bikes of the 90's and today seem to be higher on the Style scale. And I'm saying this as a 36-year-old whose only been into motorcycles since 1993 when I bought my 1st bike.....a very used Honda Rebel 250.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:28 PM
D1gger
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I noticed a lack of references to the Tour Glide model and even in the title description of this forum, the Tour Glide is missing from the list of examples. I just recently picked one up(yes, pretty cheap) and I love it. Originally I didn't like the look of the shark nose, but once I learned about the benefits of it over the batwing, I'm hooked! I love the dual headlights as well as the extra room afforded by it.

I searched through the entire Touring Forum and have only found a couple threads specific to the Tour Glide. Mine is a strong runner that had many minor cosmetic issues that I have been sorting out. I will post up a pic later, after I get home from work.

Current issues I am working on would be the latches and hinges on the tour pak and side trunks. They are all loose. Any advice?

Old 06-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by D1gger
Current issues I am working on would be the latches and hinges on the tour Pak and side trunks. They are all loose. Any advice?
Buy new ones. The latches are the same as is used today. Just in an an updated Latch Kit (90681-95A). This requires you replace both the top and body on the latch. The hinge should be replaced with the Premium Hinge (79211-08A) from Harley.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:26 PM
D1gger
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

The latches are all loose and one of the rivets is actually ripped through the edge of the tour pak. How do I fix that? Also the flat metal hooks on the front of the saddles have deep gouges worn into them and the saddle bag lids are able to slide around loose because of it.

Anyway, here's a couple pics:

These were taken by the dealer before I picked it up, I haven't taken any fresh ones yet, but I will soon once I polish here up some more...

The following users liked this post:
madleemark (12-03-2019)
Old 07-08-2011, 08:55 AM
bubba4u
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is my 84 tour glide, my uncle bought it new,he was 82 and couldn't ride any more so i bought it from him to keep it in the family

Attached Thumbnails Pics Of Your FLTC Tour Glides.-donna-s-tat-001.jpg   Pics Of Your FLTC Tour Glides.-donna-s-tat-004.jpg  
Old 08-07-2011, 06:58 AM
2nevets
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default here's my 80

pretty original except later model bags and tourpak and some other small items.i'll search for the stock bags

Attached Thumbnails Pics Of Your FLTC Tour Glides.-img_5536.jpg  
Old 05-01-2014, 08:17 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine just rolled over 62K.

Since I bought it I have replaced the rear air ride shocks with 1" drop OEM, updated to 32 amp charging system, rebuilt the tranny due to the countershaft bearing wiping out, replaced the IPB 3 times (sealed the race to the shaft this time), replaced primary seals 4 times, modified the floppy tranny shifter lever.

At 40K I upgraded to the EV27 and fresh set of lifters, and last winter bored it .20 over, put in 9.5:1 KB Hypereutectic Pistons along with rebuilding the entire top end. Also replaced the still available 3 factory oil lines, and replaced the breather line using basic gas-line tubing. One of the lines was just a few miles away from leaking through a rubbed spot behind the tank. Had my share of Carb, fuel system issues and the leaky base gaskets. Also ditched the factory radio for an updated upgrade. Mostly it's issues have been typical maintenance items.

I'm still considering upgrading the carb to a CV style and replacing the exhaust with a little more flow and minimal noise.

Last edited by JohnnyC; 04-26-2015 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:39 AM
02Deuces
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good lookin bikes, My Deuce sold yesterday and I have my eyes on a 93 in S.C. with 38k miles......Been waiting to get into the EVO world for a long time!

Quick Reply: Pics Of Your FLTC Tour Glides.