Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Khrome werks +2sweepers ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Geezer glider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Khrome werks +2sweepers ?

I just have a quick question concerning the install of the khrome werks +2 sweeper bars. I already have them ordered and a new clutch cable for my '10 ultra calssic. My question is do I need to lengthen the TBW or get a longer one? I know the brake lines should be okay and I don't plan on running any other wires internally, it doesn't bother me that much on having the wires as they already are. I had done so much research before choosing, I can't remember nor do I really want to do that much reading again. I could have sworn that I don't need a longer TBW, but my memory is a little messed up at the moment.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:37 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Can where you bought the Sweepers answer that ??? I am looking and reading too but can't remember that. I do know that i need a 4 over on my clutch cable. Can i ask where you decided on getting them and how much?

Good luck and Thanks

Old 03-30-2011, 05:11 PM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 78 Posts

You will not need a tbw extention for the bars. All you'll need to do is take off the connector at the end of the tbw and switch it over to the new bars and put the connector back on. It is long enough.

Here is a great link for the TBW and the sweepers with pics...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...008-ultra.html

Last edited by 89FLHT; 03-30-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:42 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All you need is a longer clutch cable. I think you are going to really like these handlebars!

Old 03-30-2011, 05:47 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did not need to change mine all info above is good

Old 03-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Geezer glider
Tourer

Thanks guys, thats what I thought but figured I had better check in case I needed to make another call. I ordered them through Suburban HD in Thiensville, Wi where i bought my bike. They have been really good to me, great people to work with, prices were just below list @ drag specialties.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Geezer glider
Tourer

Update:
I spent the good part of the day changing out the bars on my "10 ultra to the sweepers +2. The two hardest parts were first, the clutch cable to the tranny. Threading that cable on was a little challenging, had already ran the cable along the motor, ended up pulling it out, getting it threaded,then rerouting it laong the frame. I could see that the hole was at an angle, but didn't want to drop that chrome cover. The other part was the wires for the TBW, didn't see that I only had to pull the device out of the bar and then unplug, then pull the wires out. I thought the wires ran uninterrupted, started to pull the pins to the black connector before I realized what was really there. Should have dawned on me when I didn't see the green connector everyone had been talking about. But everything is done, good to go, no scratchs in the new bike. YEA! I went for a short ride, still pretty cold here in Wisconsin. Really love the set back and the angle of the grip area. The stock bars hurt my wrist right below the thumb, especially on the right side, no more pain now! Now with my highway pegs and back rest, I can really kick back in comfort. Also fixed my problem with the stock mirrors, before all I could see were my shoulders, now the view is higher and wider so I can see whats right behind me without having to buy new mirrors. I did not run the wires inside(except TBW), doesn't bother me in the least, never had a bike setup that way, so... I like the bars, was worried I should have gotten the WO575, but now that they are on, I'm happy. Thanks for the help guys, saved me some money when things are a little tight right now.