Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring ABS single sided rotor review

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 01:11 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love single side rotor, looks great!!! one day i will do it too...

Old 03-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Markphumphries
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I keep my absence after going from dual to single brake caliber

Old 03-17-2016, 01:52 PM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,422 Likes on 884 Posts

Originally Posted by Traceman
...Looking at my set-up there is a disc or magnetic pick-up on the left factory rotor and right one for that matter. What does that do? ...
Those little round things are not magnetic pickups for abs or anything else, they make the rotors 'semi-floating' and supposedly reduce squealing brakes. True floating rotors have them all around the rotor.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:31 PM
CB2060
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VETERAN75
Like I said in the main post the braking is LESS. Something you get used to and learn to use. Not much difference in the braking on a older roadking or heritage with single disk. If I lived in the mountains I would have kept the duals. Where I'm at it's flat. I dont do long touring rides. My wife and I ride for pleasure. She can't ride long enough to actually tour. So we trailer and ride when we get there. Some people shame on those that trailer. My wife has a bad case of lupus so I do whats best for her. She matters, opinions don't.

This was basically for those that are looking at doing the same to their bikes that have ABS systems. I did some research and talked those offering the kits. I made my decision based on my own research. There's not alot of posts with help on doing this with the ABS, but there are plenty of questions.

If anyone has any questions pm me and I'll be glad to help. I do my own installs so I can help with questions on that also.
hi. I have an 03 road king classic and considering a single disc as I’m getting new chrome wheels and want to see more of them. I’m already planning on lower chromes, new cables. All the HD techs scream safety and how much stopping power I’ll lose. I live where it’s flat and don’t ride across the country. Sometimes my wife or daughter will ride with me, but usually solo. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:12 PM
dj bozak
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you please help me out with this? I have a 11 Ultra Classic. How do I run it without the lights being on?

Old 04-11-2018, 06:42 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,257 Likes on 818 Posts

Originally Posted by CB2060

hi. I have an 03 road king classic and considering a single disc as I’m getting new chrome wheels and want to see more of them. I’m already planning on lower chromes, new cables. All the HD techs scream safety and how much stopping power I’ll lose. I live where it’s flat and don’t ride across the country. Sometimes my wife or daughter will ride with me, but usually solo. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
For an 03, just a plug fitting up in the tripple tree where you remove the caliper from whichever side you chose. You could also go with a custom single line from the master cylinder to the front rotor.

You're going to have the mounting lugs on the fork leg for the caliper. Blanking plugs to fill the threaded holes, or you could have the lugs machined off. Rechroming the fork leg afterwards would cost. There may well be a lugless fork leg choice out there by someone.

You can also choose brake rotors that compliment the wheel you chose. No reason to stick with the stock and rather ugly rotors. As an example, these two, which pretty well hide by matching the wheel:

Old 04-11-2018, 10:59 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,814 Posts

Originally Posted by dj bozak
Can you please help me out with this? I have a 11 Ultra Classic. How do I run it without the lights being on?

No, the phrase "The lights are on, but nobody's home"