Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newfoundland and 26" 's of Fun

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:04 PM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Impressive trip on a custom bike. Good Pics, and some positive comments. Everyone has a good time in that part of the world, as the local population enjoys one of the best world-wide reputations for hospitality. The Moose are plentiful and dangerous there, perfect territory for them , especially inland, and accidents can often be fatal. Notice the huge grill cages on the front of the 18 wheelers in that part of the country, to help slice an dice the animal and reduce the effect of the entire animal hitting the radiator and engine components, and costing big bucks, often at night ! Typical the Moose has his legs taken out leaving the huge mass to go through you vehicle which is not pretty, so beware and heed the local road warnings and extra careful at dusk or evening. Must recommend Nova Scotia , the entire shoreline of the province is spectacular including the mainland , but also Cape Breton which locales are named after the Scottish Highlands which inspired them, and which they bear a striking resemblance. I grew up in NS, so I might be biased, but there are some serious awe-inspiring sights to see in that part of the world, and some serious scenic routes to be ridden. Thanks for the pics. Cheers. Scott

Old 02-07-2012, 12:21 PM
slothy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FXR_Hamster
Impressive trip on a custom bike. Good Pics, and some positive comments. Everyone has a good time in that part of the world, as the local population enjoys one of the best world-wide reputations for hospitality. The Moose are plentiful and dangerous there, perfect territory for them , especially inland, and accidents can often be fatal. Notice the huge grill cages on the front of the 18 wheelers in that part of the country, to help slice an dice the animal and reduce the effect of the entire animal hitting the radiator and engine components, and costing big bucks, often at night ! Typical the Moose has his legs taken out leaving the huge mass to go through you vehicle which is not pretty, so beware and heed the local road warnings and extra careful at dusk or evening. Must recommend Nova Scotia , the entire shoreline of the province is spectacular including the mainland , but also Cape Breton which locales are named after the Scottish Highlands which inspired them, and which they bear a striking resemblance. I grew up in NS, so I might be biased, but there are some serious awe-inspiring sights to see in that part of the world, and some serious scenic routes to be ridden. Thanks for the pics. Cheers. Scott

i know first hand how it feels to hit a moose on a motorcycle - 2 years ago in Wyoming i smacked one on my roadstar - killed the moose and killed my bike - i walked away with a sore wrist and ended vacation with a flight home instead of riding.

in newflound they are just sitting on the side of the road like its nothing, but most of the main roads are cut back quite a bit so u can see them alittle more before they run out.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Newfoundlandsoftail
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Great looking bike slothy! Next time your on the island let me know, I live in the clarenville-Bonavista area. I see you went to twilligate, I am planning a weekend trip out there the spring and was wodering if you had any trouble gettin 91octane gas?

Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 AM
slothy
Road Warrior

to be honest, i don't remember.

ya one thing i wish i did was the play/dinner thing they had in twilligate, by the time i found out about it, tickets where sold out.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 AM
onthelo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet pics !!! Love the bike and the background

Old 03-06-2012, 10:06 AM
piesik650
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like an amazing ride!!!!

Old 03-06-2012, 10:11 AM
piesik650
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slothy
i know first hand how it feels to hit a moose on a motorcycle - 2 years ago in Wyoming i smacked one on my roadstar - killed the moose and killed my bike - i walked away with a sore wrist and ended vacation with a flight home instead of riding.

in newflound they are just sitting on the side of the road like its nothing, but most of the main roads are cut back quite a bit so u can see them alittle more before they run out.
That will happen, when i was in high school i watched my buddy hit a deer on his XL350 honda in mid wheelie. but he was the type of guy that road it out unscaved. The deer wasnt so lucky. The bumper on my duramax has hit 20+ deer, antalope. The week that i had that truck and didnt have the Ranch hand bumper I got a deer at 70 and it was a $5800 rebuild. RIDE SAFE!!!!

Old 10-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Disposable Hero
Intermediate

just now stumbled across this... dude props for sure!

Old 10-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Verbal
Tourer

Awesome...

Old 10-04-2012, 03:23 PM
slothy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Verbal
Awesome...
thanks