Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Taking Apart V&H Monster Rounds Slip-ons?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 08:38 AM
W€€DWacker
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bringing back an old thread here...
​​​​​​ I'm curious if the op or anyone else has successfully taken monster rounds apart and repaired them?
Reason is when I hit the top of the right end cap I can hear a rattle inside the muffler. I'm thinking something has worked loose.... baffle most likely? End cap screws are tight.
I can also here this rattle while sitting on the bike at certain RPM rangers. I have the bag off and the heat shield on the header pipe off and the rate is still there.
I also have a rattle on the left side where the muffler connects to the exhaust pipe. Can't figure that one out. I've removed the small shield from the ex. pipe and the exhaust clamp is right.

Pretty disappointed in the Vance & Hines quality. These are very pricey mufflers. Less than 10,000 miles on them didn't even get through one season of riding with them on.

I'll take any and all advise. Very frustrated Vance & Hines Monster Rounds owner.
Thank you in advance.