Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So.. I got a power commander.. But uh.. What's it do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Jeepin_Lawyer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better leave it in the box! Don't want to void that warranty!

Old 08-18-2011, 08:28 PM
wulffe
Tourer

Luc.who - thanks for the link

Kyle and 1st 96 - thanks for asking. I just changed from 23 years with my old evo and I have the same questions you guys do. The info isn't all in one place. I don't even know if some of these you hang off the bike and others not.

Shame you got slapped around for asking a question. That's what I thought the forum was for, too. Ignorance is a curable disease and answers are the cure. Other things maybe not so curable.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:29 PM
vtwinhd59
Tourer

Its a very strong leader of the army. In a small red and black box. Duh.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:50 PM
kyleplusitunes
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what's with the condescending attitude people get every time they ask a question about their bike?

I asked what it is going to do for the power of my bike, I am well aware that I changed the exhaust of my bike and removed the catalytic converter, and opened up the air intake, so I needed a power commander to fix the fuel air mixture.

I basically was asking what actual performance numbers would be increasing by installing a power commander?

I understand you guys are pretty elitist here, and people who ask questions about their bikes are obviously idiots who don't have a clue. but come on? Every time I see someone ask a question on this forum, there are about 20 responses with people saying park the bike and don't ever ride it. Maybe one helpful response sprinkled in the bunch. Great way to build a community guys, keep up the good work.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:30 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

...aww..I'm sorry if I'm one of the "condescending" ones...didn't mean to be condescending...I just thought the way the question was asked, that it sounded funny...

Old 08-18-2011, 09:31 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

I must confess that I read this thread all the way thru to see where it would go and I have found that unless inquiries are kept simple with levity sprinkled in, your going to get slamed by the 3k plus post jockies. It's what I miss the most from the Yamahamotorcycle forum I came from, the most knowledgable 'Post' jockies always shared their vast knowledge....how about we consider who we are trampling on whatcha think?

Old 08-18-2011, 09:37 PM
aktid35
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you haven't taken it out of the box yet, send it back and order it from Jamie at Fuel Moto, he can set it up with a map for your set up and will give you new maps of it for any changes you make down the road gotta love the support from them.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:46 PM
carrotzilla
Advanced

Power commander is the rejetting of old when you swap exhaust, full exhaust that is. No need for slip on's. Not even sure for full exhaust systems. I've had many sport bikes that I've swapped cans to full systems w/and w/o power commanders. Didnt see much of a difference. The hard cores will tell you this or that will this or that but Im not real sure if the power commander/juice box is a placebo sort of deal. Stock computers seem to be very forgiving, then again I've primarily wrenched Jap bikes.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:49 PM
dnitram
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by aktid35
If you haven't taken it out of the box yet, send it back and order it from Jamie at Fuel Moto, he can set it up with a map for your set up and will give you new maps of it for any changes you make down the road gotta love the support from them.
Best advice yet.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:11 AM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HRK123
In short, it richens the air/fuel mixture so that your motor doesn't blow itself up from the lean condition resulting from the increased airflow caused by your less restrictive air filter and exhaust system.

Why'd you buy it if you don't know anything about it? There's other options out there, but that's probably the most popular.
well mine came with my bike when I bought it and there is 2 dyno sheets with it , just do not know anything about it and the dealers won't tell you much , gee I think they want you to bring it to them , I have a screming eagle pro tuner

Last edited by 1st 96 ultra; 08-19-2011 at 04:18 AM.

Quick Reply: So.. I got a power commander.. But uh.. What's it do?