Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Phone Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 11:14 AM
botlefedpony
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Phone Numbers

Anyone have any contact numbers for people in the cooperate office???? I have a 09 Street Glide that has the vibration around 2700-3500 that I know several of you also have and I am tired of dealing with it. I am sick of getting the dealers “It’s Normal” And “ I can’t feel it” It is a $20,000.00 motorcycle and had it done this the day I test rode it before buying it I would have never dropped the cash on this bike. I rode several other 09’s that do not have the vibration.

I called customer service 4 times and have requested a call back and have never received one. I am about to ride to Milwaukee and shove this bike up their ***. FYI I have been riding for 25 years and have had quite a few Harley’s I ride an average of 15-20K a year, this is not my first bike. I know what’s normal and what’s not.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:44 AM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here you go!

Harley-Davidson, Inc Corporate Office | Headquarters
3700 W. Juneau Ave. Milwaukee, WI 53208
(414)342-4680

customer care : (414) 343-4056

Last edited by HD Jim; 10-03-2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: add #
Old 10-03-2011, 12:25 PM
botlefedpony
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HD Jim
Here you go!

Harley-Davidson, Inc Corporate Office | Headquarters
3700 W. Juneau Ave. Milwaukee, WI 53208
(414)342-4680

customer care : (414) 343-4056

Thanks,

That is the main number to customer service. They are programed to blow you off. I have started calling that number every day requesting to speak to a supervisor.They will not forward your call, they just say they will pass your information along.

I was at the Bikes, Blues, & BBQ in Arkansas this weekend Harley was doing demo rides, had a guy from Coporate there telling me how great the new bikes are. When I started talking to him about the problems I have had he walked away, I tried to get his name and he walked faster and went inside the trailer. Harley does not want to hear about any issues.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:46 PM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

been looking around various places and its easy to see that that HD customer service beyond the dealership is nothing less than horrible ... just google HD customer service and check it out for yourself.

I haven't had any problems with any dealer and I shudder to think what would happen if I had to deal with corporate.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:12 PM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I have not dealt with HD, but I dealt with another American manufacturer, recently. The 'other' manufacturer doesn't make motorcycles. Still, maybe there's something here of worth to you. I'll call the manufacturer Co. X.

Co. X. did not have a 'complaint resolution' line. Nor did they have numbers, e-mails, or any other POC info for anyone with any type of authority to make policy decisions. The best you could do was a salesman, or customer service. This fact--the absence of any mechanism for handling issues--speaks to the underlying culture which says in effect to those with gripes--You're welcome to get lost. Have a nice day.

'Customer Service' is a misnomer. 'Company Service' is better, as they represent the company--not you. They are there to implement whatever meager resolution processes the company must by law provide, and to otherwise give you the runaround. They are a buffer, a front between you and the people who could do something if they wished to. The CS folks are rank-and-file, don't make policy, or decisions. They're there to answer the phones and take your abuse until you push it too far, e.g., start making threats, etc. They'll implement whatever policy the company has for handling problems. But in your case, since your gripe potentially represents a substantial amount of money (it sounds suspiciously to me like another one of those 'crankshaft' complaints), to admit to your problem might be to admit to thousands of others like it, and because it's not clearly 'their' issue, they'll run you around until the cows come home...or you get tired of chasing them through the wood-pile.

Sales is no better. They'll kick you up a notch in the organization, but only to the immediate manager of the CS guys. This guy (the CS manager) is the lackey who is responsible for propagating the 'run around', so he won't be of any use to you. As soon as he understands the implications of what you're saying, he'll stonewall you. ("You're welcome to get lost. Have a nice day.")

You will never be allowed to speak to anyone who has the power to help you. They don't want to talk to you, despite any public statements they might make to the contrary.

If you have a gripe with your motorcycle (especially if it could be related to an issue that would cost a substantial amount to remedy, and which might affect hundreds or thousands of units) then your only recourses are: 1.) Shut up, and live with it. 2.) Get an attorney, and put together a suit, individual, or class action. As for having a '3', i.e., "The caring company listens to your complaint, analyzes it, and comes to your rescue..." unfortunately, that one probably doesn't exist. You'll have to watch a Frank Capra movie, for that happy ending.

(Actually, your best/least-troublesome (for you) bet might be '4', i.e., to take the bike to the dealer, and hope he will do something for you... The dealer might still recognize you as the meaning of his existence, and be smart enough to also recognize there is not an endless supply of 'yous', but each one he loses diminishes him that much more, i.e., the old 'No Dealer is an island'. I suppose the dealer will only be willing to do what the MoCo will authorize (pay for).)

The issue is these corporations are postured to make as much money for their shareholders as they can, and the hell with anything else. Anything that cuts into the shareholder's share...like addressing fundamental design/manufacturing flaws (if that were the issue)...literally has no meaning to them because, it's clearly not a profit facilitator.

And for the guy who's going to pipe up and say "What have you got against capitalism?" My proactive reply is: I support capitalism, and self-interest. But not to the extent that my self-interest (as a shareholder, or officer representing the shareholders) takes precedence over ethics, morality, and common sense. 'Common sense' being the factor that recognizes I can only rip-off my customer base so long before it comes back to haunt me.

I apologize for being so negative. It's just that I see the same thing, everywhere, from corporations. There are exceptions, but for the most part, given half a chance, they treat their employees like crap, and with less than half a chance, they treat their customers the same way. It's all about the money now, all of it... (There's still exception to the rule, good corporations that care about employees, and customers, and recognize taking care of these entities ensures a continuous steam of profit...but these are the exception).

Alan

Last edited by AlanStansbery; 10-03-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:28 PM
psychocircus
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by botlefedpony
Thanks,

That is the main number to customer service. They are programed to blow you off. I have started calling that number every day requesting to speak to a supervisor.They will not forward your call, they just say they will pass your information along.
yup, just got done with a case manager that did the same thing. its in the dealers hands now and will be asking questions to my abs issue friday...i would love to get a number for the higher ranking drones...

Old 10-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,566 Likes on 3,064 Posts

With 150,000 motorcycle sales per year since the 07's came out, can you imagine how many complaints there are to Corporate if only 1% of the bikes had serious vibration problems that the Dealers initially ducked? 07 to 11 model years alone would be around 6,000 people calling HD Milwaukee.

They're afraid they've got another scissored crank on their (your) hands.

No wonder they're good at ignoring you!

Old 10-03-2011, 08:01 PM
botlefedpony
Cruiser

I run 8 collision shops in the Chicago land area; we process 800-1000 repairs per month every month. I will be the first to admit we screw things up, but the true measure of a business in my opinion is how you deal with the mistakes you make. You have the choice to make things right or screw people over and look at the $$$$.

Unfortunately in my opinion Harley does not make a quality product. Their target demographic is the weekend rider that only rides from dealer to dealer each weekend collecting t-shirts, which works out well for Mother Harley because they make more money off them. The only thing that will change their outlook will be when people stop buying the new bikes. That however will not happen because they have spent the last 20 years promoting the little emblem on the tank of the bike, they have built their brand and that’s what they are selling. By the time most people get enough miles on the bikes the warrantee has expired and Harley is off the hook.

It may not get anything accomplished but I will be calling the customer service department every day as soon as they open. Also due to the business I am in I have several calls out to some of the higher ups at PPG, as well as several of the other paint manufactures, it is amazing how many people know people in this industry.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:22 PM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

You may want to put your complaint in writing and send it certified mail. In the letter I would clearly outline the issue you are having and request that the company contact you.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 PM
botlefedpony
Cruiser

The funniest thing is, I have never seen a company go through so much trouble to avoid any type of possible customer contacts. If you look on their website they provide email address for you to apply for licensing permits (so they can get their cut) no other departments are “set up to receive email”?? Also there are 2500 Harley employees on LinkedIn and not ONE will list an email address? I know several people in the executive search field and they have access to “Lists” of executive contact names and numbers, there is not ONE Harley Davidson employee on that list, the time and money it cost them to keep the information nonpublic is unreal.

To me they should build a quality product and they would not have to worry about getting contacted from a pissed of customer.

Quick Reply: Harley Phone Numbers