Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK fittment question

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 06:43 AM
homskilet
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK fittment question

I just traded in my 09 fatboy for a 2012 RK, I would like to pick your minds as far as some fitment opinions goes. I find the RK footboards to be cramp, by that I mean that it feels as if they located too high and I cannot get a nice relaxed leg extension.
I also would like to go to a different set of bars, the factory ones just seem a little wimpy. Any recommendations for a fatter more robust bar?

Thanks for any help!

Old 11-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 913 Likes on 548 Posts

As far as the bars, a lot of folks like the Heritage bars on RK's. I'd go back to the dealer and put their "fitment" program to use. There are also some spacers/brackets to re-position the floorboards that are available.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:30 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

First thing I did was get Heritage Style bars installed during the first service. I'm 6'1" and my 2011 RK is great now. then Harley Goodies floorboard extenstions which moved them out 1", not forward but out. That helped even though my feet are still over the edge of the boards but not as much. Then I got a Sidekick seat. Moved me back a ton. That means my legs are now stretched out more and not feeling like they are under my chin. Should be good for a couple of hundred miles at least then for long trips I'd have to switch back to the stock seat with adjustable backrest, (very necessary for old guys like me with bad back). Then as much as I absolutely hate the tacky bolt on looks of them (plus the lag time if you have to hit the rr binder in an emerg situation), I went with highway pegs to give you the opportunity to stretch out. It can be done$$$, in stock form the RK isn't for a taller person that's for sure. I love my RK, check my album for the mods.