Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugh, helmet help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 01:47 PM
karbar99
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be honest, one will always look like a schroom head until you accept the fact it's really ok for the protection given. I and many have had to accept the this.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:24 PM
mvcrez
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vega.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 PM
alk
Novice
Cool Seer Helmets

Noticed what the mounted police wear around here and found out many of them use Seer Helmets.
I went on line to search them out. Long story, short, size-wise it's the smallest helmet I own. Very comfortable, the nape strap adds to the comfort.
They are on the expensive side for a half helmet...but so are most made in the USA items.

Good luck in finding what you want/need.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:18 PM
hdnvn
Tourer

Originally Posted by alk
Noticed what the mounted police wear around here and found out many of them use Seer Helmets.
I went on line to search them out. Long story, short, size-wise it's the smallest helmet I own. Very comfortable, the nape strap adds to the comfort.
They are on the expensive side for a half helmet...but so are most made in the USA items.

Good luck in finding what you want/

need.
Yep got myself one about a year ago. Awesome helmet the most comfortable I've ever worn. Police in DC area wear them. Expensive yes but I long ago got over the cost as every time I wear it I'm happy .

Old 02-12-2012, 01:37 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,546 Likes on 4,080 Posts

I just wanted to share my recent experience with helmets.

I too, hate wearing a helmet. Yeah I know...... spare me the lectures. Here in CA I've been wearing a non-DOT beanie, that's not much bigger than a cap. Luckily, that's one area the CA. LEO's aren't super picky.

I'll be doing a cross country ride this summer and figured I'd better get a DOT helmet to avoid issues as I go interstate. I read this thread, among other research, as I wanted a DOT half-helmet, with minimal mushroom head. I spent a little money, but three helmets later, I found what I needed:

1) I bought a Vega XTS. Nice helmet, fit well, but it certainly had the mushroom affect. At least on my pumpkin it did....

2) Bought a Rodia Beanie half-helmet from Dennis Kirk. They actually give dimensions (width & length) and it was smaller than the Vega measurements. It arrived, and while it was smaller in the dimensions listed, it was still tall and gave the bubble head look. Better than the Vega, but I still looked a little like Kazoo...

3) I finally bought an Ultra-Slim (Outlaw) half-helmet from Leatherup. This helmet is a keeper!! It's just a tad smaller in length, than the Rodia, but it is not as tall, giving a much lower profile. Not only does the helmet have a DOT sticker on the back, it has a label inside too. You can see where the side cushioning isn't squared off like the others, it actually tapers in towards the top. This must be the secret for DOT cert and smaller size. I used their web site sizing chart and it fits great!

All these helmets were purchased within the last 2 months. The Outlaw is a true low profile, non-bubble head helmet with a DOT cert.

That's my experience...... just FYI.......

Ride safe....