Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTS dyno tune clarification

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 11:01 AM
scratchpad
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fishn4life
That was my understanding in the 1st place. I figured i have a PC3 so I'd just use that.
My indy guy is an experienced "dr" here in so cal - nice,friendly, & knowledgable...
His words...." You don't need a PC3, PC5, thundermax, etc.., I bypass your PC3 and program your bike's computer directly with TTS, fine tune with a dyno and you're good to go." He said I can keep/use the PC3 if I want but it's NOT NEEDED. $400 out the door (little extra to an o2 sensors for dyno then plug 'em)

Has anyone out there had their bike TTS tuned with a dyno WITHOUT purchasing a fuel management device?

So you're saying you're not currently using a FMS or you're now using the TTS FMS?

If you're talking about the Cycle Doctor i would stay clear. Just my opinion and several top tuners as well. He's overpriced for everything and will try baffling you with his bullshit until you call him on it and then he's stuck for words. I could go on and on about this guy.

There has been customers that are happy with his tunes, their bike runs okay and they look no further. He will claim it takes him 4 hours to properly tune. He put LESS THAN 20 miles on my bike during the time he had it for tuning. 4 hours my ***. My bike ran like **** for months before being fixed. I will say this. He will put a canned map in your bike and if it runs "good" he might make a few slight changes and call it good for $400 or he might send it out the door with the canned map and no changes for $4 big greenbacks. Thats not a proffesional tuner.

Look elsewhere to get your moneys worth. Ive heard a guy named Gene Thomason down there is the go to guy. I have never dealt with him. Or you could ride up here and go to RC cycles. Good luck.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:31 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lonewolf knows his ****........Doc trained him on the TTS along with a butt load of other people around the country

Last edited by thedonthere; 03-24-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:39 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior

Yep,, as the matter of fact I recall Doc mentioning him as being one of the best he ever taught while I was there.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:18 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DHubbs
Yep,, as the matter of fact I recall Doc mentioning him as being one of the best he ever taught while I was there.
he is 650 miles from me and I am hoping to get to his shop this summer for a tune. Hopefully they will let me into Canada LOL.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:29 PM
fishn4life
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scratchpad
If you're talking about the Cycle Doctor i would stay clear. Just my opinion and several top tuners as well. He's overpriced for everything and will try baffling you with his bullshit until you call him on it and then he's stuck for words. I could go on and on about this guy.

There has been customers that are happy with his tunes, their bike runs okay and they look no further. He will claim it takes him 4 hours to properly tune. He put LESS THAN 20 miles on my bike during the time he had it for tuning. 4 hours my ***. My bike ran like **** for months before being fixed. I will say this. He will put a canned map in your bike and if it runs "good" he might make a few slight changes and call it good for $400 or he might send it out the door with the canned map and no changes for $4 big greenbacks. Thats not a proffesional tuner.

Look elsewhere to get your moneys worth. Ive heard a guy named Gene Thomason down there is the go to guy. I have never dealt with him. Or you could ride up here and go to RC cycles. Good luck.
Great....that's just what I need to hear before handing over $400
Thanks for the info on your experience. Honestly this is the first negative thing I have heard about them. Anyone else out there with Cycle Doctor experience feel free to jump in here....
I'm scheduled for next week, I switched my cams and need a dyno tune, he told me he can get me a great tune with my PC3. Unless I start getting a bunch of negative feedback here he's the guy I'm going with.
I will post end results (good or bad) and hopefully there's more than 20 miles on the odometer....

Old 03-24-2012, 08:23 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Thanks for the info on your experience. Honestly this is the first negative thing I have heard about them. Anyone else out there with Cycle Doctor experience feel free to jump in here....
I'm scheduled for next week, I switched my cams and need a dyno tune, he told me he can get me a great tune with my PC3. Unless I start getting a bunch of negative feedback here he's the guy I'm going with.
I will post end results (good or bad) and hopefully there's more than 20 miles on the odometer....
If you are going to use a power commander then give Eric Bennett at Bennetts Performance a call for a comparison in price and to see how you feel with what he says. The shop is in Signal Hill near Long Beach so that shouldn't be too far to go should you decide to go that route.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:01 AM
scratchpad
Cruiser

How'd it turn out for you?

Old 10-02-2020, 01:15 PM
Harley1004
Club Member

Received 452 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
trying to fine tune a bike without TTS, is like working on the Space Shuttle with a crescent wrench..
I know this thread is eight years old, but that is some really funny funny:::::Stuff. Space shuttle and Crescent wrench, whyI ain’t never.....lol