Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners and Fuel Mgmt Systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Harleydaddy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuners and Fuel Mgmt Systems

Ok guys, don't hate on me too much, but I am an idiot when it comes to these things. Here are my questions...I'm gonna get some Wild Pigs slip ons for my '11 RK. I gutted the cat over the winter, keeping the stock header pipes, and I'm gonna get a SE Heavy Breather. I know I'm gonna need to do a download with one of these systems after my upgrades, but should I just buy one or just have my stealership do it?
If I drop the cash on one of these, will I be using it more than just the one time for said mods?
And wtf are xieds, and sert?
Doesn't seem worth the big $ for one of these if I'm only using it the one time.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:18 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,952 Likes on 2,304 Posts

The Plug-n-Play FL-XiED-10 richens the Air Fuel Ratio from14.6:1 to 14.0:1 in closed loop mode.

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/FL-X...XiED-10-NR.htm

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Sallyman
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleydaddy
Ok guys, don't hate on me too much, but I am an idiot when it comes to these things. Here are my questions...I'm gonna get some Wild Pigs slip ons for my '11 RK. I gutted the cat over the winter, keeping the stock header pipes, and I'm gonna get a SE Heavy Breather. I know I'm gonna need to do a download with one of these systems after my upgrades, but should I just buy one or just have my stealership do it?
If I drop the cash on one of these, will I be using it more than just the one time for said mods?
And wtf are xieds, and sert?
Doesn't seem worth the big $ for one of these if I'm only using it the one time.
If this is the only mod you are planning then get the dealer download. Most people that use tuners like SERT(screamin' eagle race tuner), power commander, fuelpak, TTS, thundermax, etc..., like the flexibility to add/remove/change mods without getting a download at the dealer. In lots of cases a "canned" map will do the trick (a map designed for your setup) or most will get a tune on a dyno and build a custom map for their bike. Like I said, if you plan on leaving the engine alone just get the download and be done of it but if you're like me and most other riders on here that can't leave their bike alone then get a tuner!

Old 05-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Bigdad68
Cruiser

I just went from the SERT to a Zippers thundermax Autotune with my rebuild. Price was worth it for me, if it does what it says. Every one in my area including my Indy wanted an arm and a leg to tune the SERT and if anything gets changed your back again. He mapped the zippers on install with my top end rebuild. He says I should never need to pay for a tune again! We will see.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Harleydaddy
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sallyman
If this is the only mod you are planning then get the dealer download. Most people that use tuners like SERT(screamin' eagle race tuner), power commander, fuelpak, TTS, thundermax, etc..., like the flexibility to add/remove/change mods without getting a download at the dealer. In lots of cases a "canned" map will do the trick (a map designed for your setup) or most will get a tune on a dyno and build a custom map for their bike. Like I said, if you plan on leaving the engine alone just get the download and be done of it but if you're like me and most other riders on here that can't leave their bike alone then get a tuner!
Cool. Thanks Sallyman! That is a big help! Didn't really wanna have to drop big $ on one of these tuners if thats all I'm doing, especially after spending money on the mods.