Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 King has a different vibration!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Mutt929
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 King has a different vibration!

I have a new vibration. Bike only has 15K on it. I checked the front mount and it looks like new. Bike is always garaged and NEVER ridden in the rain.

This new vibe feels like maybe back of engine/under seat or rear wheel area. It happens at various speeds and comes and goes. Sometimes it's activated by going over rough areas on the road. To best describe it, it's like the shopping cart wheel that flops around until you go faster or slower and it's like a high frequency vibration like a binding bearing or bushing. Sometimes it's noticeable when rounding a curve. I did find a large piece of gravel lodged firmly between the rear fork and the frame thinking it was causing the engine vibration to resonate at certain frequencies. However, after removing and going for a test ride..that wasn't it.

I welcome any and all ideas.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Mutt929
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Mutt929
I have a new vibration. Bike only has 15K on it. I checked the front mount and it looks like new. Bike is always garaged and NEVER ridden in the rain.

This new vibe feels like maybe back of engine/under seat or rear wheel area. It happens at various speeds and comes and goes. Sometimes it's activated by going over rough areas on the road. To best describe it, it's like the shopping cart wheel that flops around until you go faster or slower and it's like a high frequency vibration like a binding bearing or bushing. Sometimes it's noticeable when rounding a curve. I did find a large piece of gravel lodged firmly between the rear fork and the frame thinking it was causing the engine vibration to resonate at certain frequencies. However, after removing and going for a test ride..that wasn't it.

I welcome any and all ideas.

I'm sorry no one has replied to you post yet! You have no friends here buddy!

Old 07-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Come on be nice now!

Old 07-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Mutt929
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Mutt929
I'm sorry no one has replied to you post yet! You have no friends here buddy!
Did you think someone here was really going to help you out? What a loser!

Old 07-12-2012, 11:46 PM
traylestrat
Tourer

Smart ******* replies aside, take it to a dealer and have someone give it a test ride. Often, the mind plays with you. The more miles I ride my King, the less I worry about stuff, but in the beginning, everything was a mind f__k. Take it in and have someone put your mind at ease.