Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tru-trak

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 07:17 PM
wastedranger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Tru-trak

Anyone use this? Sounds pretty good. But does adding stabilizers to mounts defeat purpose of rubber mounting? I notice they do not make them for softails.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:21 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Dynas and the baggers are the bikes that are prone to rear wheel wobble because of their frame/swingarm design. If you are experiencing rear wheel wobble during hard cornering then yes they work by limiting the engine from shifting laterally. Vertical vibrations will still be reduced by the rubber mounts.

Some people say they never get rear wheel wobble even though they ride their bikes hard while others like me got the wobble numerous times and frankly it is not a pleasant experience. The True Track eliminated the wobble for me, so I am happy but I will tell you that there are people that swear that the stabilizers are not the cure and that it is some other issue with the bike. For me, problem fixed - done deal.

If you have not had any wobbles though, then probably not needed.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:24 PM
sigmoid
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Softails aren't rubber mounted so don't need these. The point of the tru trak is that the swingarm is mounted to the engine which is rubber mounted. The rear mount prevents the swingarm from moving laterally relative to the frame. There is some increased vibration as a result but it doesn't bother me. For the best results install both front and rear mounts. The rear is a booger to do but the front is easy. It improves the handling and stability of the bike at speed considerably.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:45 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 345 Likes on 175 Posts

I put the true track stabilizers on a 2005. I did feel a bit more vibration but not enough to worry about. Handling improved only slightly but i already had FXDX suspension and fork brace. The front mount is super ugly but it can be hidden underneath a front spoiler.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:02 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

I was under the impression that the stabilizer could be installed by itself. Do you need to replace the motor mounts as well, even if the bike is fairly new?

Old 09-20-2014, 03:29 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
I was under the impression that the stabilizer could be installed by itself. Do you need to replace the motor mounts as well, even if the bike is fairly new?
No, the stock engine mounts stay on.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:09 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Thanks!

Old 09-20-2014, 06:26 PM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As stated above, if you are not experiencing rear wheel wobble, don't waste you money on a True Track. So far, I've not needed one.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:31 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Unfortunately, I have. More than once.

I have a Super Glide because I like to ride. The first time I was banked into a hard curve and it started dancing I almost sucked the seat right up through my jeans. I told the dealership about it. They retrued the rear wheel spokes. Happened again. At least this time I knew I wasn't going to die, but it's still a very frightening thing.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:07 AM
wastedranger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Was just wondering about the whole rigidity thing. If it is rubber mounted for a reason I was confused as to why you would want to stiffen it up. Was just talkin to dealer at the booth Friday. I have never experienced the wobble although I have gotten it wild into some hard cornering. Don't think it was the wobble just the tire being pushed to hard. Wanted to know from guys using it and not the guy trying to get me to install it at the show. Lol! Oh he has his bike there with it installed.

Quick Reply: Tru-trak