Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 03:10 PM
Captain Kirk Schneider
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

6'4" Tall. 2013 Street glide. 12"bars, (came on bike). Could be taller but still very comfortable. 8" LRS recurve elite windshield. The best mod is a C&C sport tour seat. Lower and further back. The wife had no complaint's after a week of riding in Sturgis last year. They make a bigger seat too, but I like the looks of the sport tour. 10% off for forum members too. They can also go back even further when they make your seat. It cost's extra but might be worth it for someone really long legged.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:53 AM
showardell
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just added the Tall Boy Cycles Footboard Lowering/Relocation Kit. WOW! What a difference. My knees are no long above the tank and I might start actually using the floorboards. The kit dropped the front ~1" and the rear down ~ 2 1/2". The kits work with the 1" kit to move the floorboards out an inch.

http://www.tallboyscycles.com/

Old 05-22-2015, 08:02 AM
SiggerTX
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The tallboy floorboards are a definite plus. Now call Rick @ Softbrake and get a +1.5" shifter and a standard length lowered brake pedal. You'll be amazed!

Old 05-24-2015, 05:10 AM
Cbb
Intermediate

6'5", 220 lbs., 36" sleeve, 36" inseam.

Adjustable foot pegs. Spend some time dialing them in for comfort, I find if I change foot position from foot board to pegs every 40-50 miles, I am very comfortable for fuel stops every 160-200 miles with 5 gallon tank and can go very far in a day.

Great back support. You need something to lean back against. Drivers backrest is good. So is a saddleman pack riding in the passenger seat

Padded bicycle shorts - under your jeans. Regular underwear doesn't do it for 500+ mile days.

Bars- very personal. Many like apes. I personally love beach bars. Very relaxed riding position. I have been using Wild Chubby WO550s. Love em.

With a Road King set up like this, I think nothing of going 1000 miles in 24 hours (If the weather cooperates).

IBA #59294

Old 05-24-2015, 10:04 AM
Farmboy666
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LS Bob
Subscribed!
I am 6'6" with 36" inseam and 36" sleeve length. I definitely need the suggestions from other tall riders to help me get my '09 RKC to fit better.
I have changed the stock bars to Heritage bars and realized a great improvement in comfort. I also added the Harley Goodies extensions which basically made room for my size 13's. That and highway pegs seems to be plenty for my feet.

Being on a pretty tight budget, I am now shopping for a new seat. I have been told that the stock RKC seat is not capable of being modified to provide more room to the back. Has to do with the seat pan HD is using for the '08+ touring seats.
I am seriously considering a Tallboy seat and adding a pad (Road Zepplin maybe) to give myself more room and a more comfortable seat. Upside is the price is reasonable compared to many seat options and there have been quite a few folks on HDF that say this seat is great. Downside is the Tallboy does not come in RKC accent treatment and looks pretty plain. (I want to be able to use my HD backrest, btw, so I really need to stick with an HD seat.)
If I had the cash I would have done taller bars and the seat at the same time. Frankly, I am fairly comfortable with the current set up except for being a bit too close to the tank and my knees are even with the top of the tank. The stock seat is hell on my rear end after about 150 miles, so change is required. I just hope I haven't screwed myself with the bars being too short after trying the new seat. (Being able to use a demo at the dealership will answer that soon enough.)
I am extremely envious of guys who have their ride comfortable enough to go 8 or 10 hours in the saddle. Given how personal the fit is, continued experimenting is in my future.
As a tall guy, I accept that my bike will never fit like some folks. Of course, I have no problem being flat footed when stopped, so there is an upside!
I am 6'4" with a 36" inseam on a 09 RKC and took my stock seat to Mean City. I got it moved back 1 1/2" and added memory foam, I had the rear widened and added heat for the wife. There is a limit because of the seat pan but it did make a difference for little money.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:34 AM
SiggerTX
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The wife and I are both happy with our Le Para Maverick Daddy long legs seat.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Clubber
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbb
You need something to lean back against. Drivers backrest is good. So is a saddleman pack riding in the passenger seat
What pack do you use as a backrest?

Old 06-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Kraken1
6th Gear
Default Progress

Sent my HD Tall Boy seat to Mean City. Up an inch, back an inch and upgrade foam all around and what a difference!
Riding without the backrest is great! Riding with the backrest doesn't take full advantage of the seat mod..
Next mission is to relocate the driver backrest bracket a little further back for (what I'm thinking) will be the ultimate.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:02 PM
LS Bob
Road Warrior
Received 175 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Kraken1
Sent my HD Tall Boy seat to Mean City. Up an inch, back an inch and upgrade foam all around and what a difference! Riding without the backrest is great! Riding with the backrest doesn't take full advantage of the seat mod.. Next mission is to relocate the driver backrest bracket a little further back for (what I'm thinking) will be the ultimate.
What is your plan for moving the rider's back rest back? I am interested in the same thing. Right now, I am not even sure I am taking advantage of the un-modified, if you will, tallboy seat. The back rest needs to either move back, or be bent to angle back a bit.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:15 AM
CajunTinMan
Intermediate

6'5", 38" inseam' 250lbs. in reference to the apes and mini-apes how tall can you get before you have to change out the stock wiring? I'm on a 2012 Ultra limited with heated hand grips.

Last edited by CajunTinMan; 08-11-2015 at 02:30 AM.

Quick Reply: THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)