Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 10:17 PM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mahutchi
Another tall guy checking in. 6'-5", 245, 36 inseam,38 waist, 13 shoe. On my 08 RG I added a Klockwerks smoke windshield which works well with little buffeting. I get to look over it and it looks good, but need I more mods to make my bike fit.
Lots of great ideas on this thread, and I'm going to a local Harley dealer this week to get fitted. I'll let you know How it goes.
Welcome to the site..

Old 06-30-2016, 01:39 AM
The Cheesehead
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been out here for a while and I've talked about the C&C solo seat that I have and I've never had any issues with it. I've taken multiple 3K+ miles rides on this saddle and I've always been comfortable.

The other day I took a ride for about 300+ miles and my rear was so sore that it was hard to walk for nearly a week. For my next trip (4200mi to Yellowstone and the Tetons) that's just not going to cut it. I have a H-D Hammock seat that I am OK with but i feel I'm just too close to the tank that I'm not completely happy with the feel, although the OL really likes it.

So I decided to go looking for a new seat. After extensive reaserch and trials, I got the LePera Daddy Long Legs seat. As many of you have talked about it is quite firm, but it is new and I'm about 1K miles into breaking it in. So far, I'm very impressed with the seat. SO MUCH more room and good back support. Time will tell it the OL likes it as much as the Hammock, but if she does, I'll have a great H-D Hammock seat for sale.

I'll keep the C&C for around the town sort of riding, but the DLL seat is impressive!

Last edited by The Cheesehead; 06-30-2016 at 07:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
nevada72 (06-30-2016)
Old 06-30-2016, 01:54 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,623 Likes on 12,011 Posts

Originally Posted by The Cheesehead
I've been out here for a while and I've talked about the C&C solo seat that I have and I've never had any issues with it. I've taken multiple 3K+ miles rides on this saddle and I've always been comfortable.

The other day I took a ride for about 300+ miles and my rear was so sore that it was hard to walk for nearly a week. For my next trip (4200mi to Yellowstone and the Tetons) that's just not going to cut it. I have a H-D Hammock seat that I am OK with but i feel I'm just too close to the tank that I'm not completely happy with the feel, although the OL really likes it.

So I decided to go looking for a new seat. After extensive reaserch and trials, I got the LePera Daddy Long Legs seat. As many of you have talked about it is quite firm, but it is new and I'm about 1K miles into breaking it in. So far, I'm very impressed with the seat. SO MUCH more room and good back support. Time will tell it the OL likes it as much as the Hammock, but if she does, I'll have a great H-D Hammock seat for sale.

I'll keep the C&C for around the town sort of riding, but the DLL seat is impressive!
I would like to hear your impressions after your Yellowstone trip. We just got back from the Black Hills and the modified (by MCC) Mustang Supertouring was okay, but after 3 or 400 miles, it was getting a little uncomfortable. My next step was a Daylong, but I don't want to sit so high. That La Perla may be the ticket. Looks nice too. In fact, I wouldn't mind their Nomad II seat fro around town. Nice lookin seat.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:00 PM
The Cheesehead
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
I would like to hear your impressions after your Yellowstone trip. We just got back from the Black Hills and the modified (by MCC) Mustang Supertouring was okay, but after 3 or 400 miles, it was getting a little uncomfortable. My next step was a Daylong, but I don't want to sit so high. That La Perla may be the ticket. Looks nice too. In fact, I wouldn't mind their Nomad II seat fro around town. Nice lookin seat.
I'll be sure to give a full report. I'm optimistic, but that many bikes for a big guy may be a tall order...for any seat.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:51 PM
z54071
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, yet again another tall guy checking in! 6'5, 34/36, 15 boot, bodybuilder.... Just sold my fatboy which took a long time to make fit me but i made it happen. I just recently bought an 09 Sreet glide and now im onto making it fit me as well...stock set up is like a monkey humping a football lol. Anyways this post has been awesome already ordered Apes, cables, Daddy long leg seat, 360 highway pegs, kuryakyn floorboard re-locators to start. Will be adding the tallboys kit, LRS windscreen, and shift/brake pedals.

Any more advice or input is appreciated! thanks

Old 07-18-2016, 05:43 PM
Bogie_71
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Any windshield recommendations for a Road King? I ordered the tall LRS shield and my neck and head are still above it.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:34 PM
BigUglyMan
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bogie_71
Any windshield recommendations for a Road King? I ordered the tall LRS shield and my neck and head are still above it.
But is it still in the pocket or are you getting slapped around?

Old 07-18-2016, 06:35 PM
Bogie_71
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BigUglyMan
But is it still in the pocket or are you getting slapped around?
Slightly better than stock, but still lots of buffeting.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:21 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

Yet another tall rider checking in, 6'5" 220 lbs, 36 inseam, sz 13 boots. This thread has been very helpful. Bike is about 2 weeks new - Kury extended shifter, EZ brake, Tall Boys floorboard relocation kit and Le Pera Villain Daddy Long Legs on order. Kinda bummed I could not do a tall guy WTB thread, but I'm too new to the Forum. I think my wife is working with Troy to keep me out of the savings account. Broke and I still need a new wind screen and bars, plus I want Stage 1 performance upgrades ASAP... Kinda of an expensive hobby, but it is fun to make it my own!

Old 07-19-2016, 10:05 AM
BigUglyMan
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bogie_71
Slightly better than stock, but still lots of buffeting.
I found that after adding my 16" bars my riding position is much more upright and my head is in the wind above the shield a bit more. I'm just running the stock RK shield. Might have to consider upgrading to something taller or better.

The only problem with the new bars is that the windshield limits how far you can push them forward. With a 37/38" sleeve it's hard to get them to where they're comfortable. I may have to look at having my seat modified to move me back just a bit as I seem to be hard against the back of the saddle now.

As my Dad used to say "Too much meat, now I need more potatoes. Too much potatoes, now I need more meat!"

Quick Reply: THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)