Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Electraglide

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Harleyfirst
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Electraglide

I have just bought my first electraglide, first 'touring model " as looking for a few more of the comforts for the longer hauls.
I ask all do I need to do a stage one ? dealer trying to sell this one before I pick up bike next week.
I want the bike for just that touring cruisng the hiway listening to the tunes and enjoying the ride.Dont want loud exhaust or need to go crazy fast as I have a Vrod decked out with loud exhaust already for those times.
My thoughts is stock not good enough already ? Figure no better place to ask then fellow riders right here ..... Thanks in advance for replies

Old 02-24-2013, 12:23 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

For now until the disease sets in again

Old 02-24-2013, 12:33 PM
mjbones
Cruiser

Put 1000 miles on the bike and as you get ready to do the 1000 mile check up you will have a idea what you want to do. I got around 40,000 miles on ultraclassic and the only thing i needed is a stage 1 ,pipes,exhaust, air cleaner,and download, you need nothing more just ride the bike, after all you just want to tour and see the sites and listen to your radio with out worring about problems for all the mods you made. Again just ride the bike and enjoy.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,913 Likes on 2,812 Posts

IMO - Do a stage one - pipes can come later if you want. Stage one or adding a fuel management system will provide the fuel mix your engine needs......not the "lean" condition set at the factory to keep the EPA happy.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:54 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

A lot of stock riders out there.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Timpechos
Cruiser

I don't know if you have ever heard the saying 98% of all Harleys are still on the road the other 2% made it home.
I beleave the reason Harley Davidson has this reputation is because of all the tinker-iteis and mods that make them less reliable. If you want to enjoy the ride and tunes on the stereo. Then leave it alone, its a 900lb motorcycle not a crotch rocket.
Just my 2 cents.....let the beatings begin

Old 02-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Ray Lloyd
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Stock is just fine for everything you want to do with your bike. In reality, stock is just fine for everybody, but, there are many of us who just want to add enough doo-dads and performance items to make it our own.

Sure, you can cruise the HD catalog, and other aftermarket catalogs, and throw $20,000.00 worth of accessories and paint into your ride, and be quite happy about it!

Go ahead and stay stock for as long as you want, you will enjoy your bike just as much as someone who accessorizes like crazy.

.....Then again, if the bug bites you, and you decide to accesorize later, it's never too late!

Old 02-24-2013, 02:05 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Besides all that...it makes our custom bikes look all that much Cooler. Some of us also feel duty calling in our hearts to kick some asian butt !

Old 02-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,913 Likes on 2,812 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Lloyd
Stock is just fine for everything you want to do with your bike. In reality, stock is just fine for everybody, but, there are many of us who just want to add enough doo-dads and performance items to make it our own.

Sure, you can cruise the HD catalog, and other aftermarket catalogs, and throw $20,000.00 worth of accessories and paint into your ride, and be quite happy about it!

Go ahead and stay stock for as long as you want, you will enjoy your bike just as much as someone who accessorizes like crazy.

.....Then again, if the bug bites you, and you decide to accesorize later, it's never too late!

Agreed - stock is fine and will work a long time. Don't some of you have concerns about lean fuel mapping from the factory? I sure do.
Ride On.........

Old 02-24-2013, 02:30 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 633 Likes on 505 Posts

so many variables...on my 07 ping heat surging and stumbling was bad enough to make me add a fuel management device.seems even some of the newer bikes have many of the same issues while other don't? maybe due to tolerance stack up or oblivious riders or both? see how your bike performs for u then decide.

Quick Reply: First Electraglide