Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help with parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 06:22 PM
casey73
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help with parts

ive only had my bike for about a month, and im already ready to start putting some chrome on it. I want to get some chrome for the motor, flht, polished aluminum motor so i want to shine it up a bit with some chrome, ive been looking on craigslist for new takes offs or anything nothing so far, been checking ebay not much on there. Is there anywhere someone can suggest to order from, good price,good parts. I saw some "kits" where it was cheaper to buy a set of motor parts, nice weathers almost here so i want to start picking up some parts, anything will help thanks heres a few pics of my bike now, i bought it like this havent touched it, towed it home put it in the garage and covered it. was never a fan of "blacked out " but i have to say im starting to like it, just want some chrome.

Attached Thumbnails need some help with parts-flh-1.jpg   need some help with parts-flh6.jpg   need some help with parts-flh7.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 06:25 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

When I had my 06 Standard I picked up all the chrome covers,used,from a couple of local indies,for about a third of the price of new.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:45 PM
shipbob
Stage II

HeyCasey73,
I haven't seen your pictures, but saw that you have an 07Electra Glide Standard. You are asking if someone knows of a place where you can get chrome parts, at a more reasonable price than Harley's prices, right? My friend, you won't find it out there. If you want a good piece of chrome, one that will last, not pot up with bubbles from cheap chroming, or rust through for the first 5 years you have it on your bike, then go to harley fork over the bucks they want for it, and know you have a quality piece to put on your bike. If you buy some used parts from ebay, which a lot of us have done, go ahead. But remember, why is that person selling that chrome cover, or brake pedal? Because he or she's already ridden plenty of miles showing it off when it was new for them, and now, they want new, or better, and hope you'll come along and send them your money for their junk parts. I've been riding a long time, and had many bikes now, built a few too. Believe me, people don't just advertise a great top quality chrome part for cheap money. Likely, you will receive a lesser quality part for cheap money. Never is the lesson of you get what you pay for so true as in buying take-off's from people. Oh sure, you could get some fairly nice take-offs, but eventually, you'll get the crap being sold as great, too. If you truly love your bike, or love riding, OR love a good looking bike that you can be proud to park anywhere - and people WILL look at it, you won't be happy when you're sitting next to your buds and their parts look top quality and your part looks like it was somebody else's before it was yours. Afterall, you have a 2007 Electra Glide - nice, quality model - why would you go the cheapo route for your mods??? Been there, sold all my junk on ebay. It looked ok, was used, and now its on someone else's bike. My 09 RK has only new original parts, chrome, blacked stuff, everything on it. You'll know the difference. Good luck in your hunt for parts, hope you're successful. Just my thoughts.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:02 PM
RPS1981
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get a Harley-Davidson Parts & Accessories Catalog. More chrome than you can shake a stick at, and it's all top quality. Beware of imitations.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,717 Likes on 4,657 Posts

what you really need is some help... why did it take a whole month!!! what the matter, man? lets get with it!!! You're making the rest of us look bad!!! Then in a while, we can have an intervention, for the sickness that soon follows that first chrome purchase, "chromeitis" its not fatal, but it has been known to empty bank accounts faster than Christie Ally buying Twinkies on Ebay!!

shop around, but harley has good chrome, also check out the aftermarket for "quality" named stuff thats chrome

Old 03-14-2013, 08:45 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

There are lots of guys that replace their new chrome covers with black ones. Check out the dealer and local indies. There was just a set for sale in the want ads here too. Maybe someone that wants to go black will trade ya their chrome ones because the polished are easier to powdercoat??

Old 03-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

You can get genuine HD parts and accessories for 20% off at Lake Shore HD. Shipping is free for orders over $250, or a flat $9.99 otherwise. They are busy and do a lot of business, so sometimes it takes them several days to get the order together and shipped. No better deal anywhere.

www.lshd1.com

Old 03-14-2013, 10:37 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,745 Likes on 934 Posts

Here you go, stock take offs from a 2013. All you got to do is look in the right place on this forum.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ine-parts.html

Old 03-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Wild Duck
Cruiser
Default Just a few chrome extras

Old 03-14-2013, 11:56 PM
Ape Hangers
Cruiser

I think the chrome starter cover from HD is a very nice piece, I've got one and really like how it cleans up the starter.

Quick Reply: need some help with parts