Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with FLHPI MM EFI not getting fuel, long read.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 12:44 PM
IowaRandy
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help with FLHPI MM EFI not getting fuel, long read.

Ok here's the info:

2000 Road King Police EFI FLHPI with MM EFI 43k miles

This winter I finally had access to a garage to take all the tins off to get painted and to replace the dented tank and front fender and also all the regular things to do at this stage of the bike, cam chain tensioners, push rods, lights, etc, etc.

Anyway last Sunday I was able to finally get it all back together minus the new fuel tank and saddle bag lids for a memorial ride for a friend. Anyway the thing ran great! We went over 200 miles and the bike ran smooth as could be.

Ok, so then after that ride I decided to go ahead and swap out the tank. I followed all the online videos and tutorials for taking the fuel pump out and back in and everything went smooth and easy, but then it wouldn't start. Checked the fuel pump and it was working, plenty of pressure in the high side line (found out the fun way), even sprayed carb cleaning in the air intake and it started for a second from that.

Had a buddy help me double check everything and we came to the conclusion that something in the quick connect or in the high side line is keeping the fuel from getting to the engine. I've read that there can be o-ring problems, but it's not leaking it actually the opposite.

Could there be a clog?
Could either the tank line connection or the quick connect have gone bad?
Should I try replacing the o-rings first and if that doesn't help get a new fuel line or check valve?

Any one else have this issue before? I've read almost everything on here about the MM EFIs and the leaky quick connects but none of them had anything about if fuel can't get to the engine.

Thanks!