Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Disappointment FM107"

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,081 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by WestPalmBop
I said I was happy with the bike, disappointed with my dynotune by my dealer (not FuelMoto). Put on some reading glasses before responding.

There is some really good responses on here to help your problem, why you getting all defensive and pissy? Cause you say it doesnt bother you that your power numbers suck......i beg to differ. ... haha crabby pants.

achieving great power out of a build is not as easy as some think, welcome to mediocreview

Old 07-29-2013, 07:37 PM
WestPalmBop
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Madnss
There is some really good responses on here to help your problem, why you getting all defensive and pissy? Cause you say it doesnt bother you that your power numbers suck......i beg to differ. ... haha crabby pants.
I agree there are some good responses. His was not one of them nor did he intend it to be.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:43 PM
WestPalmBop
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Madnss
I agree there are some good responses. His was not one of them nor did he intend it to be.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:10 PM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

I was going to ask what tuner was used, but decided against it.
Didnt want to be called a pissy crabby pants kind of guy.
Best of Luck with your Paper tiger.
Rob

Old 07-29-2013, 08:21 PM
BIGVTWIN
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look up Sam Wills Top fuel Harley. Ya great dude but his crew did a **** tune on my bike! Period.... I road it and it rode like crap, spudered, back fired, died, etc.
Call Ed at Dyno difference and proof was in the puddin. He slayed the tune and it pulls the wheel off the ground with just throttle.
Tuners are as different as dynos

The following users liked this post:
Bayou FLHR-M8-128" (08-24-2021)
Old 07-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, you should spend a lot more money & time chasing those big numbers! After all that's a lot more important than just being happy with the way the bike rides......

Old 07-29-2013, 09:01 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 383 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by WestPalmBop
I said I was happy with the bike, disappointed with my dynotune by my dealer (not FuelMoto). Put on some reading glasses before responding.
So you bought an entire FM kit and then paid someone else $300 to $400 to tune it instead of using one of FM's canned maps?

The problem with dyno tunes is that only as good as the tuner and the equipment. I would trust FM or Drago or Harley Tuner, or several others. That means I would not trust 95% of the tuners out there. This is why I run a Thunder Max.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Who tuned it?

Old 08-01-2013, 11:55 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

The most important consideration to note is it is WAY easier to make low dyno numbers than high numbers, with a high number everything needs to fall into place with the specific combination, the conditions, and the tune. Everything is absolutely relative. We make low numbers at times like anyone else, however it all depends on if this an accepted standard or you want to improve these results before the bike rolls out the door.

When we speak Fuel Moto dyno numbers and test our combinations I assure you we do not leave anything on the table with any of the variables we have control of, this is the only way to establish a true standard. As far as specific numbers, the great majority of those that have installed our kits themselves have seen very consistent numbers as do our many dealers that install and tune our kits day in day out as well. It all comes down to the details, specific combination, and conditions, as everything is relative in tuning.

Some feel some of our numbers are high, however some simply do not consider the lengths we go to make sure everything comes together with a build. We use only very specific components, many of which we have developed. If someone brings us a bike with components that will compromise the overall combination: either we change them our we don't do the build.

We are more than happy to assist those needing support and are always a call away.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Last edited by fuelmoto; 08-01-2013 at 12:02 PM.