Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone actually like the stock seat on the Ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 01:37 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 396 Likes on 338 Posts

I'm happy with the stock seat..with that and the shocks set for a floaty ride...I can do the hours.

mike

Old 08-04-2013, 01:43 AM
Bigpoppa_Junior
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ken6217
I picked up my new '13 Ultra Limited today. I used to have an '05. I don't remember the seat being this uncomfortable. Of course, maybe my *** changed.

I was curious if there were other Ultra owners who felt similar.

What seats should I look at? Mustang, HD? Any particular model?

Thanks,
Ken
The stock seat blows! I took it off before I even picked up my limited and put the tall boy seat on. Tall boy fits me perfect.

Attached Thumbnails Does anyone actually like the stock seat on the Ultra?-image.jpg  

Last edited by Bigpoppa_Junior; 08-04-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:10 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have no problems with the stock seat on my 13 Limited.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:17 AM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

I like mine. Did a 6000 mile road trip in June and it was great. Didn't like the stock seat on my FLSTFB but this one wors great. I think a back rest is a must as well

Old 08-04-2013, 06:32 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,230 Likes on 1,629 Posts

M/c seats are designed for the "Average Joe" so they'll probably get it right 80% of the time. For the other 20%, there's a company called Mean City Cycles (forum vendor). Call them...you'll be pleased at "1/2" cost of a replacement seat. Got their double-memory foam UG a few years back and my a$$ thanks me every time I saddle-up.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:44 AM
wndchsr2
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have no problems with the stock seat on my '09 and long rides are nothing out of the ordinary.

6550 miles in 18 days in June and the wife and I both felt fine on the stock seat.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seats??? Handlebars!!! Floorboard adjustments???? Any time you jump off a bike you've lived with for a while, the new one seems a little off. First thing most guys do is dumpa ton of money out the gate in an attempt to recapture what they think in their minds is the "right set-up". My advise....ride it for a month or two.....my bet is that soon you'll get used to it and your mind will change. Case in point for me is going from a Dyna to a Road King.......the handle bars were a lot different. I read on here that EVERYBODY changed stock Road King handlebars. Almost had my mind made up to try something else. Now, after 2,000 miles, these stock bars feel great.
If money for you isn't an issue what so ever.....guess it's different.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:20 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i bought a 2013 roadglide ultra about 8 months ago and the seat felt really cushy until i got 30 miles from the dealership. i'm 6'4" tall and weight right at 200 pounds and i believe corbin is right with their theory that hard seats become more comfortable as they break in. well the stock harley seat felt almost as if i was sitting on the seat pan because all the foam was so cushy that it compressed down to nothing. that same week i had the parts guy order me a 2009 roadglide seat. i used one of those on my 08 streetglide and it was a wonderful seat. plenty firm, but not like a brick either, so for me it was the right choice and feels just right. about 250 bucks new from harley. compared to any aftermarket seats, the 09 roadglide seat is as good as any of them in my opinion. and they don't look near as dorky as the stock seat. they actually look pretty sharp.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:27 AM
wheelzk
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to love the stock seat but I think its getting worn out. Now longer rides are getting me a bit sore. Wife still likes the back seat but for long rides I throw down a gel pack pad to add some comfort for me. Some time back a got a solo seat just changing the look of the bike a bit. There is some gel type foam stuff packed in there and just to the touch feels way to firm but is actually very comfy and I can do mile after mile with no issue. I may just try the Mean City memory foam to try to revive the stock seat. I hate to just start throwing seats on there to try to find a sweet one.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:36 AM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

No problem with the stock seat so far, but without trying all of the replacements out there it's difficult to judge. My buddy has a road zep and he loves it. My Dyna was another story. That stocker sucked big time! Replaced that. With a Mustang Nostalgic and was happy after that.

Quick Reply: Does anyone actually like the stock seat on the Ultra?