Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK Forum, I need help...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 11:27 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by mr396
well took thundermax ecm off and replaced with stock. started up. think i found the culprit.
If the Tmax is past the 3 year warranty or they don't help you, go with the Power Vision, you won't regret it.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:41 AM
BigGelvis
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by $tonecold
If the Tmax is past the 3 year warranty or they don't help you, go with the Power Vision, you won't regret it.
x2 !!!!!

I have the PV and it stays mounted on the bars. Plus you can now "autotune" with the narrow band OEM sensors.
No need for extra kits and special head pipes for the wide band sensors.

If you already have wide band sensors, you can auto tune even easier with them.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mr396
Someone suggested that maybe I got the fuses in the wrong location. I was just commenting that I have rode the bike since I replaced the fuses and everything was working fine (a week ago). Went out yesterday and nothing.

Yesterday, I did pull the fuse cover and pull various fuses and checked them out as well. Everything looks fine.

I just removed the screws on the handlebar housing where the run switch is and looked at it. At least visually it looks OK.
It's just a thought, but if you replaced a 30 amp fuse with a 15 amp fuse, it might run ok a few times then pop. I'd check all the fuses amperage against the service manual, and check them to see if your new bettery or fuel pump fuse gave up the ghost. It's been known to happen. Just because a fuse is new, doesn't mean it likes its job and won't quit on ya.

EDIT: Just saw the ECM post. Might try the thunder max again, could have been a connection issue or needed reset. Don't toss it till ya try it again IMHO.

Last edited by Glockmeister; 08-12-2013 at 06:41 PM.