Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rode a new limited yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Coloradohunter
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rode a new limited yesterday.

I should start by saying I'm one of those techno geeks that loves getting my hands on the newest products out there. Be it smartphones, computers, or even motorcycles.

I headed out to the demo days event fully expecting I would be working on a deal to trade my 2012 limited in on a new 2014 model.

After the ride, for some reason the bike just didn't WOW me. It was a very nice bike and I like the changes but it didn't give me the I have to have it NOW feeling I was expecting.

I guess I've formed a stronger relationship with my current bike than I thought. Oh well. I guess there's nothing wrong with keeping my money in the bank.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:56 PM
magazine
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suprising, I think the brakes alone, as well as new fairing would put me on the hunt... If I had a wod of cash.... Think you'll test ride a Chieftain?

Old 08-24-2013, 08:58 PM
Buff58
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has taken me too much time and money to get mine Just like I like it.
The 2014 would really have to be something special for me to consider trading

Old 08-24-2013, 09:00 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Coloradohunter
I should start by saying I'm one of those techno geeks that loves getting my hands on the newest products out there. Be it smartphones, computers, or even motorcycles.

I headed out to the demo days event fully expecting I would be working on a deal to trade my 2012 limited in on a new 2014 model.

After the ride, for some reason the bike just didn't WOW me. It was a very nice bike and I like the changes but it didn't give me the I have to have it NOW feeling I was expecting.

I guess I've formed a stronger relationship with my current bike than I thought. Oh well. I guess there's nothing wrong with keeping my money in the bank.
Did you have your cell phone on "SEARCH" mode? I am sure you will fall in love next ride.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:03 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master

Originally Posted by magazine
Suprising, I think the brakes alone, as well as new fairing would put me on the hunt... If I had a wod of cash.... Think you'll test ride a Chieftain?
Agree as the braking system is unreal. No more ABS pulsating where it scares the **** out of you when it first happens. I did a 1/2 emergency stop today and it just stopped on a dime. I love these brakes .. wish my Shark had them.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Coloradohunter
Tourer

I didn't give the brakes much thought. I instinctively use the front and rear together already and practice panic stops on a regular basis so the ABS chatter isn't really an issue for me.

I did really like the hydraulic clutch though. Checked with the dealer today to see if it was possible to put one on my current bike. Apparently that's not a practical option.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:17 PM
pastime
Outstanding HDF Member

The only Limited at the dealer today was already sold, so no test ride. I did get to give it a once-over. I was thinking I'd really like the new rear LED lights. They're "neat" but I have much more light to the rear of my bike, which IMO is important. So not too impressed. I watched the salesman go over the controls with the new owner; the joysticks seem like they'd be difficult to operate with gloves on. The new owner was having trouble with them with no gloves, but maybe they just take getting used to? The touch screen display looked like it would be a distraction while riding. But it was fairly bright in the sunlight. I do like the new saddlebag latch/pivot arrangement - much easier to operate. I failed to look to see how they lock tho. Personally I'm not liking the fairing vent, but that's a matter of taste, too. As are the front bullet turn signals. The lower fairing vents were smaller than the old Limited's, and I'm still skeptical as to where the heat from the radiators end up - I'm thinking on the riders legs.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:31 PM
rob0225
Road Master
Received 80 Likes on 42 Posts

According to my dealer. They still have ABS as well as the linked brakes.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:41 PM
dusturbd
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

yeah I am talking to my dealer about a ultra limited but not sure I am willing to give up the shark
I have never liked batwings but I must say there is something about the new 1 that I will at least take 1 for a spin.