Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 14 Limited Dumped All Its Coolant.. Lots Of Pics..

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 06:39 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Already covered.

Last edited by Airborne350G; 09-12-2013 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Already stated, nothing added.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,514 Likes on 3,341 Posts

Originally Posted by RPS1981
Well, I know at least one good thing has come out of this tragedy.

You have kept me from going into debt for the 2014 UL I've been drooling over.

Doesn't seem so nice now.
You DAMN SKIPPY....I think they are right nice but i will wait for the kinks to be worked out for about 8 years... By then my 07 will be good and broke in...maybe i will have about 150000 miles on it by then...

Old 09-12-2013, 08:04 AM
iHarley
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevemay1
I would post the video on Harley's face book page
If they delete it post the video on you tube

If you finance the bike I would call whoever your loan is threw and explain the situation to them as well.

There is no excuse for this treatment from Harley ESP with the launch of something like this. Does Harley think they are immune to what word of mouth can do?

I live 30 miles from the York plant. If it was my bike I would be down at the front desk demanding to speak to someone and I would let the bike **** coolant as close to the front door as possible

I think the OP has been more than patient with THEIR problem!

To add to this horrible 30K new vehicle experience, he doesn’t deserve the disrespect from MOCO.

If it were my bike, after all this I would post the video on YouTube.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:05 AM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Really feel for the OP. You would think this would be resolved by now. Surely someone at the moco trawls these forums once in a while.

A few observations:

A pressure cap with a gauge would be helpful. Unfortunately the cap location looks like that wouldn't be possible.

I think if the coolant pump were running in reverse the motor would overheat while running.

A cracked head or head gasket will generally lead to contamination of the coolant and/or coolant in the oil. At least in my experience. With the HD head.......?????

I've had the EXACT same thing happen on my Jeep. Temp fine until shut off, then overflow out the reservoir. Every time, it was air in the system. I went so far as to add a burp valve in the t-stat housing.

All of this makes me wonder just EXACTLY what has the service dept.has done to resolve the problem? Keep filling it hoping it magically goes away? Put a new cap on and take it for a ride call it done? Nothing?? Have they replaced the radiators? They should have replaced the whole system by now.

And I agree that this could well turn out to be a biiiiig problem with a small solution. OTOH, it could be a harbinger of trouble to come for the whole line of Twin Cooled.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:23 AM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by d-streetglidr
Really feel for the OP. You would think this would be resolved by now. Surely someone at the moco trawls these forums once in a while.

All of this makes me wonder just EXACTLY what has the service dept.has done to resolve the problem? Keep filling it hoping it magically goes away? Put a new cap on and take it for a ride call it done? Nothing?? Have they replaced the radiators? They should have replaced the whole system by now.
I'd bet your'e right, they just keep repeating what they are doing in hopes it "goes away".
They apparently aren't aware of ways of liquid cooling for diagnosing issues. It may be as simple as someone f*cked something up during assembly, such as a pinched o-ring, misaligned gasket or component, or something simple amiss.

It will turn out to be a one of problem, for it sounds like many are running them trouble free. This one sounds like it's the incompetence of the technical group at his shop, who is not able to find and resolve.

Makes for a good read and I wish the OP the best of luck. By now I would have a new bike, or at a minimum a loaner until they figure mine out.
Thats just my local stealers way of dealing with such issues. I know they are all independent so we get what we get.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:35 AM
jasnusc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevemay1
jasnusc

any update? Did the dealer come and get the bike yesterday? Did the owner of the dealership offer you anything on this issue Did the owner talk to the MoCo?
Yes they came to pick up the bike yesterday but even that wasnt drama free. The condition of the bike came into question regarding who was responsible for several small scratches and scuffs on the bike. Their paperwork proves it was in perfect condition when they first picked it up so either they caused it when they loaded it and un loaded it from their truck, worked on it for 9 days, moved it in and out of their shop every night and multiple employees test rode it 120+ miles and washed it even though the paperwork says I didnt want them to OR I caused it all on my ride home from the dealer when it dumped its coolant again. Long story short I didnt sign their paperwork.

I spoke with the dealership owner a few times and he continues to give me hope that Harley will step up and do something significant to resolve this matter and I shouod have an update today.

I already missed out on two important rides and work loosing at least $1000 dollars and pissing off several people inclidimg my wife and I have another 4 day ride planned at the end of the month I cant miss out on!

Last edited by jasnusc; 09-12-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:58 AM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I wouldn't sit on it again until everything had been resolved to my satisfaction. Like Red Green says, "I'm pulling for ya, we're all in this together."

HD really should drop in for a read.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:05 AM
CVORoadKing2013
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Really so on top of the issue with it dumping fluids they want to try and say they haven't scratched it and that you did it on you short ride home!!!!

Unbeleivable !!!!!!!

You have a brand new bike you paid cash for havent been able to ride missed out on trips that have cost you and they don't want to fix a scratch

I have not been on Harley's long but based on how they have treated you I am no sure I will buy another one.

I for one hate the " they all do that garbage"

Old 09-12-2013, 09:11 AM
3408pete
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get ready for the unresolved mechanical problem excuse on the bottom of the work order.This one is not the first one I have heard of dumping the water.The one locally that heaves the water out on the ground has a intersting thing going on like it isnt cooling.When the water heaves out and they lasor temp it on the ground its like 260 degrees.First thing they replaced was the cap as well

Old 09-12-2013, 09:36 AM
VDeuce
Road Warrior
Received 403 Likes on 257 Posts

OP: please let us know who the dealer is.

This dealer is doing everything possible to blame it on HD and does nothing to resolve your problem. I'm sure they have another bike there they could remove the cooling system from in its entirety and install on your bike. Now that would be doing something to attempt a resolution. But instead they hope the MOCO steps up?!?

HD says it is easy to remove the system as a unit - let 'em prove it.

In this bikes case, I don't see any other way to fix it other than replacing the entire system. If that doesn't solve it, then the bike..

Of course the dealer doesn't want to deal with it. But oh yeah, we'll stand behind our product bullshit...

Quick Reply: My 14 Limited Dumped All Its Coolant.. Lots Of Pics..