Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 09:03 PM
daddyflea
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Along a little different Subject but still Headlights, I have a 2014 Road King with the CVO two bulb Headlight system. Is it possible to program the Computer to allow the Low Beam to stay on when the High Beam is activated?

I am replacing the bulbs with LED so the Heat should be less. Question is would this be too much Heat for the Light Assembly to Handle.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:38 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cass
i recognize that overall this is an old post......when i saw the led's on the 2014's, i just had to have some. i got a set of passing lamps and a head light and installed them. i was having problems, adjusted, took it to the dealer to check adjustment and all was good. they are great straight as others have said but they act just like an airplane wing in a curve. one side up, the other down. i think the new daymaker refractor headlights are pretty good but all of them are expensive. i've hit two deer having them on the bike. i've slowed down through the rural roads i run daily in the dark. i agree, they could have done better.
That flat cutoff is the reason why they are DOT certified and don't blind oncoming traffic despite lighting up the road so well when going straight. The only solution is to add led lights mounted high and aimed at the sides of the road.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:32 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

I don't see how you can adjust these light's correctly, (2014 Limited), With dims and spots adjusted to see in front of you, brights are in the tree's, brights adjusted right, dims are to short in front of you, i do have spots flash to stay on

Old 11-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by tpcowfish
I don't see how you can adjust these light's correctly, (2014 Limited), With dims and spots adjusted to see in front of you, brights are in the tree's, brights adjusted right, dims are to short in front of you, i do have spots flash to stay on
That hasn't been my experience. I find with my low beam and auxiliary lights adjusted correctly (as high as possible without offending oncoming traffic), when I switch to high the light just lights up the road a bit further in the distance. In fact, I thought the high beam didn't contribute much to lighting up the road so I added Piaa 1100 leds that light up when I hit the high beams.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:56 PM
daddyflea
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinrider
That hasn't been my experience. I find with my low beam and auxiliary lights adjusted correctly (as high as possible without offending oncoming traffic), when I switch to high the light just lights up the road a bit further in the distance. In fact, I thought the high beam didn't contribute much to lighting up the road so I added Piaa 1100 leds that light up when I hit the high beams.
I just installed my LEDs and my experience is the same great on Low but not much on High. How can I make my High Beam better?

Old 11-09-2015, 12:01 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by daddyflea
I just installed my LEDs and my experience is the same great on Low but not much on High. How can I make my High Beam better?
The best way would be to install led driving lights that throw a long distance beam. You could wire them directly to come on with your high beams, or you could install them using a Skene dimmer, which would let you run them at a lower percentage with your low beam, and then switch to 100 percent with your high beam.

http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/IQ_175.shtml

Let me know if you want me to suggest any driving lights. Lots of choices depending on your budget.