Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security Siren Install (68328-06A) on 2014 FL's

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 03:25 PM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Security Siren Install (68328-06A) on 2014 FL's

I just installed the HD Security "Smart" Siren 68328-06A. I've installed a few before so I knew the drill, but followed the included instructions anyway. While the unit is identical to previous models, the installation is slightly different. If you've done it before you can figure it out, but thought I'd mention it for future reference FYI.

The unit now slides in horizontally (Flat) underneath the "electrical caddy". And rather than one long run of antennae along the frame you attach it to the top of the 'caddy' and loop it. If you attach it to the frame I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. However, If you've never done it before you'd go nuts trying to figure out where the unit itself would attach based on the old instructions. I tried to attached the pertinent page but the file is too big. Here's the link to the 2014-Later FL Touring Models instructions. See page 8.

I didn't opt for the $6 Radio Shack siren for my own reasons. Let's not go down that rat hole on this post, ok?

Also, FYI, the instructions to change from 'Chirp' to 'Chirpless' mode are in your owner's manual that came with the bike, not in the instructions. FYI.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:49 PM
dinsmoor17
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Alarm

So you just put the sirene not the pager? You don'thave to do any program changes? i have not decided on the alarm or not my Limited will be in Feb 1

Old 12-31-2013, 04:09 PM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just the siren, no pager. I've had the siren before but never a pager. It's still an option with the HD unit. No programming. Just make sure your ignition is off when you reinstall the fuse (lest you want a LOUD reminder you forgot). It works off your existing Security System so the FOB is already paired to the bike.

Seriously, the install is 5 minutes or less. It takes longer than that to remove the saddlebag, side cover, and read the instructions. And, maybe you don't need to remove the saddlebag. It's easy peasy.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:35 PM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The pager is a separate item...the siren has the transmitter already, all you have to do is buy the pager and "marry" them. Takes three minutes.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:40 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 516 Likes on 254 Posts

I never pulled the main fuse when I installed the siren unit to my '14 Limited, just plug and play. If you look at the horizontal hole for it you will see about a one inch hole in the plastic mount that matches up with the hole in the siren box. One of the easiest installs in Harley history for electronics. I also own a pager, been using the same one on the past 3 or 4 bikes, easy to set up.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:15 AM
dinsmoor17
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Security system operation

I have my Limited on order and i am trying to decide on the siren and remote.I don't have an owners manual yet and my last bike had secutity but no siren.
When the siren goes off does it shut off when the FOB comes in range ?
When you trailer the bike should you disable the security system or just leave the FOB in the bike ? Thanks. This forum is great and really gives the owners of a new bike all the answers that the dealers don't.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dinsmoor17
I have my Limited on order and i am trying to decide on the siren and remote.I don't have an owners manual yet and my last bike had secutity but no siren.
When the siren goes off does it shut off when the FOB comes in range ?
When you trailer the bike should you disable the security system or just leave the FOB in the bike ? Thanks. This forum is great and really gives the owners of a new bike all the answers that the dealers don't.
If you're gonna have the security, you might as well get the most out of it, and the SmartSiren and pager will run you another $200, it's worth it. Not only does it make noise, it tells YOU it's making noise up to 1/2 mile away...

As soon as the fob is back in range, it stops...and there's a way to disable the alarm for trailering, it's in the manual...

Old 01-01-2014, 11:27 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

GREAT post Mike, thanks! This is on my to-do list for my Limited, glad to hear it's fairly easy. I had the siren on my '06 Ultra and thought about removing it but left it on for the new owner. I have a pager that I used on the other bike, can I assume (based on Gunnysgt's post) that I can use the same (older) pager for this new security system, all I have to do is "marry" them? Thanks...

Old 01-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Designflaw
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple of questions.....

This is a quick add on to the factory security? what exactly does the factory security do If you don't already have a sirien? I have the security just don't know what it really does. If you don't have the security does that mean you don't have the fob?

Old 01-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Bigboyride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SoCalMike, thanks for the info on the install.. dinsmoor17 go to Kutterharleyonline.com Both pieces for $134 and free shipping. They are great to deal with. I'm ordering mine tomorrow.
Now to hyjack a little if you don't mind. I'm trying to put in the security PIN number on my 2014. Read the manual 3 times and feel like I am following it but can't get the odometer to scroll to enter pin. My manual says to use the run/off switch, and cycle it twice(RUN-OFF-RUN-OFF-RUN) But sense you start with the switch in the off position, isn't this actually 2.5 cycles? Everything else makes sense but I can't get it to work,, has anyone actually done this successfully?? 2014 only please, since cyclefish has different directions for the earlier years. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Bigboyride; 01-01-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Security Siren Install (68328-06A) on 2014 FL's