Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After a ride i love this free , maybe my favorite behind strapless

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 06:20 PM
hanny
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After a ride i love this free , maybe my favorite behind strapless

I posted a thread about chopping my rear brake pedal and flipping it up and got mixed reviews. BUT FOR GUYS WHO RUN LOWER FAIRINGS IT TOTALLY LETS YOU KEEP YOUR RIGHT FOOT INSIDE THE FAIRING AND OUT OF THE BREZZE WHICH IS WHAT THE LOWERS ARE FOR RIGHT?

Agree or disagree for me it was a simple free mod that made all the difference in my right foot position comfort in high winds or colder rides. There is zero negatives about it, the rear brake is still right hwere you want it and easy to stomp on if you need to.
Easy to do, just take off the pad, chop it like mine, install back on and walla. take care, paul

Old 02-20-2014, 06:35 PM
jgrohio
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Im confused how it makes any difference with keeping foot behind lower. If I put my foot on pedal and keep it in basically same spot you hit the turned one its the same thing my foot is still behind the lower.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:45 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by jgrohio
Im confused how it makes any difference with keeping foot behind lower. If I put my foot on pedal and keep it in basically same spot you hit the turned one its the same thing my foot is still behind the lower.

Seems kinda dumb. Looks that way too.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:47 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

It's your bike, but it looks weird to me. When your cruising at highway speeds and your feet are up on those highway pegs you have, your way outside the lowers then anyway. At slower speeds where your more likely to be using the rear brake, the lowers won't make much difference. Sorry, I just don't see the benefit of chopping the brake pedal,but to each their own.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:57 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

You will have the distinction of having the only HD in the world with this mod. Congrats.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:03 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,249 Likes on 812 Posts

It's not increasing clearance for your toes that I can see, but ok.

I'll give you credit for the most incomprehensible and somehow slightly obscene thread title though!

Old 02-20-2014, 07:24 PM
nsdhoward45
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Ahhhhh

Old 02-20-2014, 07:28 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

After looking at the pictures on my iPad where they don't run into each other like in the computer, I think I know what the OP is getting at. He tucks his foot under the pedal to get his foot behind the lower. 2nd to last picture.

Still looks dumb and not a place I want my foot. Just sayin

Old 02-20-2014, 07:30 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Whatever?????????????
I got lots of things to waste my time on...

Old 02-20-2014, 07:33 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

I like the ideas you come up with, nothing I would need to do but I'm sure someone else has thought about this and wondered if its been done. I almost always ride with my feet on the highway pegs, the heel of my boot blocks the cold and my leg being strait has less wind hitting it. When its really cold and I try to put my feet on the boards I feel all the cold on my knees and hate it. Keep up the good work and eventually you have an idea that everyone will want! Or pretty soon your 2014 SG will look like a sportster if you keep cutting it up, but its your ride so who cares? Great that your making it yours.

Quick Reply: After a ride i love this free , maybe my favorite behind strapless