Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Replacing my HD TriGlide Battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 09:38 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Be sure of the warranty where you purchase the battery. AutoZone only offered 30 days warranty when I was looking for a battery last fall.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,053 Likes on 6,220 Posts

I replaced the stock battery with a Yuasa battery.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Harry-O
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2012 TriGlide and on my second battery the first one the post inside broke in sturgis, MS a couple years in the middle of the night. But this guy name Goober sold me one off his other Harley he had said it wasn't old. I'm going to replace it before we head to Arkansas to Bikes, Blues and BBQ.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:59 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
Be sure of the warranty where you purchase the battery. AutoZone only offered 30 days warranty when I was looking for a battery last fall.
The Autozone store I bought it from told me that they'll replace it if it goes bad within 1 year. Hopefully, I won't have to test if it's true or not.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:33 AM
Screw62
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup me too, sucked.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:18 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,505 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Not trying to hijack this thread, but it does pertain to battery life!

I found out the "hard way" that the little CR 2032 batteries that we use in our security fobs (and remote locks on CVO models) may sometimes not last a full riding season.
I installed new batteries in both of my fobs in the spring of '16 and I was on a trip a few months later and after a short stop I went to start my bike but when I turned the ignition on my security siren activated.
I was in a nice, quiet, residential neighborhood (good thing for me that is was mid-day) but fortunately no one seemed to be upset or even paying attention to me or the siren.

It took my brain a few seconds to come to the conclusion that the battery in my security fob had died.
Good thing for me that remembered that I had purchased a package (4 I believe) of these batteries and that I had placed the package in the little storage pouch in my tour pack.
A few minutes later and I was on my way.

Always keep a couple (or a few) spares on or in your bike.
If you don't need them, perhaps you can one day help out a fellow H-D rider when he/she is in need.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:30 PM
HomebrewGuru
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
Not trying to hijack this thread, but it does pertain to battery life!

I found out the "hard way" that the little CR 2032 batteries that we use in our security fobs (and remote locks on CVO models) may sometimes not last a full riding season.
I installed new batteries in both of my fobs in the spring of '16 and I was on a trip a few months later
and after a short stop I went to start my bike but when

iI turned the ignition on my security siren activated.
I was in a nice, quiet, residential neighborhood (good thing for me that is was mid-day) but fortunately no one seemed to be upset or even paying attention to me or the siren.

It took my brain a few seconds to come to the conclusion that the battery in my security fob had died.
Good thing for me that remembered that I had purchased a package (4 I believe) of these batteries and that I had placed the package in the little storage pouch in my tour pack.
A few minutes later and I was on my way.

Always keep a couple (or a few) spares on or in your bike.
If you don't need them, perhaps you can one day help out a fellow H-D rider when he/she is in need.
If the salesperson who took care of you when you bought your bike was unknowledgeable or maybe just a lazy piece, you may not know that you have a security PIN saved in your bikes memory. It is there for this exact reason.

Turn your ignition switch to off and get ready. Turn it to Ignition and within 3 seconds you need to press both ( left and right) sinal buttons at the same time. Now you will be able to enter your 5 digit pin and start your bike.

I practiced this for a week straight... riding without my fob so it is permanently engrained into my brain. I will never forget my pin or how to use it.

p.s. You hella jacked the thread. I got the info I wanted when I started it anyways.

If you don't have or know your pin, we can set it up without paying the dealer. let me know if you want toor need to.