Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

mounting Inspection tags?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,146 Likes on 6,262 Posts

In New York State, I have seen the police give tickets if the inspection sticker was on inspection plate. They state it must be place on the bike where it cannot be easy removed.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:45 AM
KJB
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 29 Posts

Wisconsin doesn't use inspection tags but looking forward to next summer I want to do some riding in our State Parks. This thread caused me to research where I could put the State Park sticker on my Trike. I knew I would not put it on the windshield. Below is from the website which gives me comfort that it won't be a problem.

If you have a motorcycle

The vehicle admission sticker rule applies to motorcycles as well as cars and trucks. If your motorcycle does not have an adequate windshield or the sticker may damage the windshield, fasten the sticker in one of these places:
  • on the front fork;
  • behind the license plate; or
  • under the seat.
In some cases, a ranger may not see the sticker and issue you a notice. If this happens, return to the park or forest office to show your sticker and void the notice.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:17 AM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by KJB
Wisconsin doesn't use inspection tags but looking forward to next summer I want to do some riding in our State Parks. This thread caused me to research where I could put the State Park sticker on my Trike. I knew I would not put it on the windshield. Below is from the website which gives me comfort that it won't be a problem.

If you have a motorcycle

The vehicle admission sticker rule applies to motorcycles as well as cars and trucks. If your motorcycle does not have an adequate windshield or the sticker may damage the windshield, fasten the sticker in one of these places:
  • on the front fork;
  • behind the license plate; or
  • under the seat.
In some cases, a ranger may not see the sticker and issue you a notice. If this happens, return to the park or forest office to show your sticker and void the notice.
I have a State Park sticker for Idaho....carry in the mini-saddlebag and show when entering the park. Attendant wasn't happy that I don't have it secured on the trike. The entrance shack is on the left when entering park...funny the sticker must be on the right side windshield/forks according to the instructions w/sticker!