Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Slip-ons for a 2012 Triglide

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 06:17 AM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Power Outlet

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe
I've heard they are great sounding ... how's the power?
Fuzzy, the power is unchanged from the Cobras. I do like the sound. I removed the cat and the sound is a bit crisper than I expected. I would guess that with the cat, the sound would be a deeper, more mellow sound. That's what I was looking for.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:26 AM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Noble Jim
Fuzzy, the power is unchanged from the Cobras. I do like the sound. I removed the cat and the sound is a bit crisper than I expected. I would guess that with the cat, the sound would be a deeper, more mellow sound. That's what I was looking for.
Hmmm ... still might be an option, but, I scored a set of Vance and Hines Slash Cuts (Lower on the bottom than the top) circa 2002 in really good shape, small ding near the inlet, but you won't see that anyway ... these are the pipes I had on my 07 Ultra (Best running and sounding Harley I've ever owned) ... they are supposed to be here today (out for delivery) ... I'm hoping they sound as good as they did on my Ultra with the same performance. I've had the Screaming Eagles that are on my tri now since 2005, and they sounded better on the Ultra ... I'm guessing the body in the rear of the Tri is playing a part of that .... LOL ... but that Fat Bottom is what I love about the Gal ...

Old 04-04-2015, 01:28 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: slip ons...

I like the V&H power dual head pipes with the trike extension from V&H and the V&H slip on mufflers specifically for trikes. Good set up and it does help with the heat and runs great . You do need a re-flash from the dealer with this set up . I have it on my freewheeler and the trike mufflers were specifically designed for the tri-glide. So far my favorite thing about the freewheeler I got.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:17 PM
jlgale
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

Originally Posted by Harleygirl81
I did look to see if there was another thread like this one but I could not find one. I am looking for suggestions for changing my exhaust to try to disperse some of the heat and maybe get a little more power. I do already have a FP3 fuelpack in hand hoping this will work. Any other suggestions for what type pipes will work on the Triglide?

Thanks!
Harleygirl
Did you find anything?

Old 04-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,202 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by Noble Jim

Jim how were the tri ovals for sound were they louder than stock? Wondering why you got rid of them? Saw them are the dealers and was thinking of getting a set.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:25 AM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Cobra Take-offs

Originally Posted by Tr1Rid3r
Jim how were the tri ovals for sound were they louder than stock? Wondering why you got rid of them? Saw them are the dealers and was thinking of getting a set.
Yes, they were louder than stock. I liked the sound just fine. The shape of them was the problem. Before I put a lift kit in, I already scraped the pipes and they weren't perfect anymore. My wife says I'm a perfectionist. haha!