Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Oil Filter Relocation Notice

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 05:07 PM
woodmnctry
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lilman
Installed my filter relocation kit this past weekend. Well made kit and doesn't look bad either.

I ordered just the kit with regular line since I always build my own AN lines. I changed out all the fittings to -6 AN fittings and made black nomex braided hoses. Made for a nice install.

Maybe a dumb question but where does one buy these kind of fittings and hoses??

Old 03-01-2017, 06:12 AM
Lilman
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I get most of mine thru Summit Racing since I'm in GA and they have a big warehouse in Atlanta, usually have most anything in 1 to 2 days.

There are literally hundreds of hose and fitting types as these are what's used on most race cars and high end hot rods. You have to pick the best type hose and fittings for your application depending on size, temperature requirements, etc.

What I used was AN -6 size which is 3/8" inside diameter with black braided cover rated for 300 degrees.

I have seen several posts asking how best to cut this hose with the interior stainless braiding. I always wrap with duct tape, 2 wraps, then mark and use an air cutoff tool to cut the hose. Always a clean cut ready for fittings.

If you have never worked with this type hose and fittings, make sure to search for some YouTube videos on how to properly assemble them. This type connection does not use clamps, it uses special 2 part fittings that thread onto the hose similar to a hydraulic hose connection.

I've probably made 1000 or more of these hoses for all sorts of applications.