Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri Glide on a Trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 01:08 PM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bronxbill
I would be a little careful of using a 5x10, that only leaves you 3 inches on either side of the fenders. It the trike moves sideways, you'll have fender damage
The bike cant move if it is properly strapped down with quality straps. Even though it has three wheels all precautions should be taken.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:09 PM
427Dave
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pork
We use a Kendon two bike trailer for my wife's TriGlide, and it works great. I moved one of the wheel chocks to the center. I also bought two aluminum ramps at Lowe's for the rear wheels. They are the kind that are raised in the middle, which avoids any chance that the middle of the trike will bottom out on the rear edge of the trailer. I use the Kendon ramp for the front wheel. It drives on and off like a dream, and I can even push it on by hand with my wife on board. Maybe you can find a used one.

I tie it on with the straps that came with the trailer, usually one on the front wheel and three on each side, but that's probably overkill. It tows like a dream, and the trike doesn't bounce around at all. I've done it with and without the stone guard. I carry the two new ramps on the trailer, stowed underneath the trike and tied down, with the original ramp stowed on its original mount under the trailer.

I will attach some pictures if I can figure out how. If there are no pictures attached, send me an email and I will email them to you.
Thanks Pork. That looks like the way. Another fellow on another forum uses the same trailer.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:05 PM
427Dave
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Well I found a Drop-Tail 2 bike trailer used. I bought it and moved the right chock to the center and removed the left one. I moved the toolbox to the left chock position. It folds up nicely in the garage. A bit larger than the old Kendon single bike trail but it fits in the space ok. Don't have to worry about ramps as the drop tail becomes the ramp and then hydralics raise the tail back to level.