Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Oil Cooler Change Out

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 09:11 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by $tonecold
So I went to Jagg's website and I didn't see anything about this new fan set up. Am I missing something or is there a link that I can follow?
I guess so. Go to their site and email them or call them. Their finishing up a bracket so their cooler and fan can mount on I think 09's and up. I got mine earlier because I had to fabricate my own mounting. My trikes a 93. They said they wouldnt have that bracket ready till the end of the year. Just ask for Marv.

zoood

Old 05-27-2011, 10:14 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 935 Posts

'

This is what I am running at this time. It is a cooler from a Buel Ulysses that has a heat exchanger from Thermal Dynamics. I have two Delta fans mounted to it. It does a good job. I was curious about the Jagg fans because I have a ten row vertical mount that I had considered mounting fans on at one time.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:22 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 935 Posts

'

This is what I am running at this time. It is a cooler from a Buel Ulysses that has a heat exchanger from Thermal Dynamics. I have two Delta fans mounted to it. It does a good job. I was curious about the Jagg fans because I have a ten row vertical mount that I had considered mounting fans on at one time.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zoood
I guess so. Go to their site and email them or call them. Their finishing up a bracket so their cooler and fan can mount on I think 09's and up. I got mine earlier because I had to fabricate my own mounting. My trikes a 93. They said they wouldnt have that bracket ready till the end of the year. Just ask for Marv.

zoood
RJ,
Do you know if Marv is addressing the too long of a bolt to adaptor/anti-rotation device and the oil filter nipple coming loose issues and what are your feelings on the ease of install far as a 2011 Tri goes? I also need to know where I can buy those FI style clamps for the oil lines.
Thanks, Buddy....

Last edited by Buddy WMC; 06-03-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:42 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
RJ,
Do you know if Marv is addressing the too long of a bolt to adaptor/anti-rotation device and the oil filter nipple coming loose issues and what are your feelings on the ease of install far as a 2011 Tri goes? I also need to know where I can buy those FI style clamps for the oil lines.
Thanks, Buddy....
I dont know of any issues that your mentioning. I had only ordered the fan and oil cooler for my application. The oil block ( I call it) that your referring about. I had removed all the nipple fittings and used plumbers tape and liquid form and applied that to the threads and put it all back together. When spitting that unit in halves. I also took that gasket and sprayed it with permatex copper gasket spray and reassembled it. The hose clamps your asking about. I bought in Autozone. Like 4 for a dollar. I personally hadnt ever installed on your year tri-glide. But with the jagg oil cooler set-up. Its way easier than the Ultra cool install. As in less time consuming. I would say on your trike it shouldnt take more than 2 hours, maybe 3 if you run outta beer.

zoood