Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Freedom,Fast Aire Shields

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 07:22 AM
CADOO
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom,Fast Aire Shields

Well in a short while we will be getting our 2012 trike and I really don't like the stock windshield cause I have to look thru the shield. Am wondering if anybody here has any experience with the freedom shield or the fast aire areo shield?? They look the same to me on the internet but need some opinions on these shields. The good, bad, and the ugly. I know it is personal preference as to what works for some people but just want some opinions. Don't flame me to bad if this has been talked about before. Thanks

Old 03-31-2012, 07:31 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Takes a bit of research and personal preference. Check the vendor's website for specs. I know there is a "rule of thumb" where you pick a shield that the top edge lines up "line-of-sight" with your nose. This will enable you to see over the shield and the wind will be deflected over your head. This is how I chose my 6" Clearview recurve smoked windshield.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:48 AM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

What he said. The recurve is the only way to go. LRS, Long Ride Shields, a vendor on this site, also offers a quality product. They even show you how to measure for the correct height.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:24 AM
hotshoe
Cruiser

I also use the LRS Ultra shield. Works great and you can likely get the height you need to fit your measurement. Good product and good people to work with at LRS. I'm not familiar with the other brands you mentioned.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:43 AM
CADOO
Advanced

Thanks for the reply's so far. I will check into the LRS shields. Cheers

Old 03-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

I've had a FastAir, shield work well, looks good, but it scratches easy....
For the price, they are easy on the wallet and replacement time comes wont brake the bank.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:59 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Ordered smoke 6" and 4" shields from JP Cycles. As I recall about 60 bucks a pop. I'm 5'10", wife is 5'6"

Old 04-01-2012, 06:34 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I have an 8" Klockwerks on my Limited, and the wife has a 6 1/2" Klockwerks on her Triglide. They are good shields though a bit pricey.

Bill

Old 04-02-2012, 05:31 PM
bullet 10
Tourer

Had a klockworks 6 1/2 windshield and my line of site was ether just above or through the recurve ( recurve is hard to see through). Replaced it with 7" recurve FAST AIRE and is nose level (great windshield) Haven't had any scratching problems yet(after year use) clean mostley with detail spray an detail cloth. Very nice people to talk to for questions and answers.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:07 AM
CADOO
Advanced

I still have not decided what shield to get but am thinking about waiting till I get the trike home to make my final decision and see what the wifey likes also. Thanks for all the replys so far.

Quick Reply: Freedom,Fast Aire Shields