Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Demo Days - rode a Trike for the 1st time

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 01:17 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Demo Days - rode a Trike for the 1st time

A local dealer is having Demo Days today & tomorrow. I went this morning and rode a trike for the 1st time and came away very impressed. To ride a trike, they had me watch a video, sign another waiver and watched me circle around the parking lot a few times before going on the ride. They also demo'ed the trike one-on-one instead of a group ride.
Not counter steering takes a little getting used to. I really enjoyed the ride.

I'm an old guy and happy on two wheels for now, but a trike *might* be an attractive alternative sometime in the future. Life is good!

Old 09-21-2012, 03:02 PM
BigBill1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcbeat
A local dealer is having Demo Days today & tomorrow. I went this morning and rode a trike for the 1st time and came away very impressed. To ride a trike, they had me watch a video, sign another waiver and watched me circle around the parking lot a few times before going on the ride. They also demo'ed the trike one-on-one instead of a group ride.

I'm an old guy and happy on two wheels for now, but a trike *might* be an attractive alternative sometime in the future. Life is good!
Alot of folks look at a trike as an alternative to a motorcycle. MyTriGlide is a motorcycle. It does everything Ive ever asked my Heritage Softail to do. I get the same feeling of freedom and of being a part of something alot bigger than I am, a brotherhood of people that feel the same way as i do. The more you ride it, the more youll love it. Just like you said brother, Life is Good. Come on over to the dark side. Ride safe

Old 09-22-2012, 08:19 AM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carefull, the TriGlides are very addicting!!!

Old 09-22-2012, 08:31 AM
dondee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBill1
Alot of folks look at a trike as an alternative to a motorcycle. MyTriGlide is a motorcycle. It does everything Ive ever asked my Heritage Softail to do. I get the same feeling of freedom and of being a part of something alot bigger than I am, a brotherhood of people that feel the same way as i do. The more you ride it, the more youll love it. Just like you said brother, Life is Good. Come on over to the dark side. Ride safe
Very well put.

I thought I was fully schooled on mine after a couple hundred miles and I was pretty comfortable with it. But you know how after many years of riding a two wheeler just becomes second nature to you, you don't even have to think about what you're doing? Well it really took around 1500 or so miles for me to get that feeling on the trike. BigBill's saying "The more you ride it, the more you'll love it" ought to be a tattoo!

Old 09-22-2012, 11:56 AM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I've gotta say that after riding mine for 1900 miles I am loving it!

Old 09-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmcbeat

Very well stated, hope you join us some day.
Buddy....

Old 09-22-2012, 04:06 PM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lot of bike time as well as atv time.My trike got comfy in just few miles.Though I must remember the fenders are there.