Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics 4180 & 7.1 front and rear

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 10:57 AM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
You know, I can't figure out why my pods don't touch the seat and the OP's does. It might have to do with me putting a plate on the tour pack that moves it back a couple of inches. The wife felt crowded after I put the removable system on.
Originally Posted by Da Shadow
That is the reason. I made a plate to move my tour pack back 2.5" and my BT pods almost touch the seat, but not quite.
I may have to look into moving the tour pack back a few inches like you guys did. Your running the stock seat and it clears the pods? We'll see if the lady's butt clears the pods, if it doesn't then I'm either gonna move the your pack back or sell the pods and get the best speakers I can for the stock pods.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by monster715
Your running the stock seat and it clears the pods?
Check out post #5.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...ed-advice.html

Old 09-19-2014, 12:28 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
Well, not to sound insensitive to the ladies, but I would think it depends on the size of the passenger. My wife is 5 foot nothing and weighs ~115 lbs and I don't think she touches the pods.
I was just wondering if it might be an issue before spending the money on them. My wife is smaller as well at 5'4" and 110lbs, and hardly rides to boot. If you could see the top of my old stock saddlebag lids you would understand my concern, she just doesn't pay attention and kicks the crap out of them getting off and on. I'd hate for her to plop down and break the pods or rip them out of the tour pack all together.
(I might be just looking for excuses not to buy, like that's going to happen!)

I might also need to look into moving the pack back a little?

Old 09-30-2014, 10:32 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Just an update. Me and the lady took a ride up the coast this weekend and man this system sounds great. I found myself turning it down often because people at the scenic turnouts were turning around well before we got to them lol. I ran it off my phone with the aux port and the system still had plenty of volume and clarity. The rear pods didn't bother the wife at all so that's a plus considering I was worried about that. I'm still not 100% sold on them, I don't like how they squeeze down on the seat so I may be looking into a good speaker to put in the stock pods and sell the BT pods. We'll see. Anyway just wanted to post an update on the system. Pretty great sound for a setup that doesn't take up any room in the bags or tour pack and doesn't limit detach ability.

Pioneer74 I may look into moving the tour pack back a few inches but honestly I may feel better with the stock pods over doing that. I also would like it better if the BT pods didn't have Biketronics written on them. I realize why they do it but I don't want to give anyone a reason to try and rip them off. I'd like to maintain a stock appearance you know what I mean? What's a good speaker that will fit in the stockers? I'd like to find something that I don't gotta worry about water and stuff like that

Last edited by monster715; 09-30-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:46 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by monster715
Just an update. Me and the lady took a ride up the coast this weekend and man this system sounds great. I found myself turning it down often because people at the scenic turnouts were turning around well before we got to them lol. I ran it off my phone with the aux port and the system still had plenty of volume and clarity. The rear pods didn't bother the wife at all so that's a plus considering I was worried about that. I'm still not 100% sold on them, I don't like how they squeeze down on the seat so I may be looking into a good speaker to put in the stock pods and sell the BT pods. We'll see. Anyway just wanted to post an update on the system. Pretty great sound for a setup that doesn't take up any room in the bags or tour pack and doesn't limit detach ability.

Pioneer74 I may look into moving the tour pack back a few inches but honestly I may feel better with the stock pods over doing that. I also would like it better if the BT pods didn't have Biketronics written on them. I realize why they do it but I don't want to give anyone a reason to try and rip them off. I'd like to maintain a stock appearance you know what I mean? What's a good speaker that will fit in the stockers? I'd like to find something that I don't gotta worry about water and stuff like that
Infinity 62.11i fit back there nicely but they are two ohm speakers. Might not be a match made in heaven with the BT4180 amp. Other than the infinity's the best speaker I've found to fit in the stock pods is the Kicker KSC67.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Bigboyride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people( and Bill at BT)are also recommending the Alpine SPR-60's for the rear when using the BT4180. I think MontyCop05 is using these in the rear pods. I just ordered the adapters from VTwin Audio so that I can try and put BT 6.5 Titians in the rear pods. I'm going to see if they rub my seat before I order my speakers.

Last edited by Bigboyride; 10-01-2014 at 09:27 AM.