Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 03:18 AM
zyban
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio harness

After having problems with my head unit & having to send back for warranty I went to fit the new head unit today only to find the tech who removed my radio didn't leave the harness that goes from my loom to the hawg wired adaptor/ sony head unit.

This is the stock harness, does anyone know where i can get one or what the part number is, I went back to the shop that removed the head unit in the hope they may have had it laying around only to be told the guy doesn't work there anymore & they didn't know where he went, they said the fitment was not part of their shop & they wouldn't be liable for a replacement harness.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:12 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They should have gave you anything that they didn't use back in a box. It's yours, not theirs to toss in the trash.

The following users liked this post:
Ultar Rich (07-01-2020)
Old 12-18-2014, 05:50 PM
zyban
Tourer

Yeah I know that, but apparently this guy was contracted to fit the stereos, even though he wore a company shirt he wasn't actually employed by them.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:52 PM
zyban
Tourer

On another note is this the type of harness I am looking for

Attached Thumbnails Audio harness-31qlgd3srol.jpg  
Old 12-18-2014, 06:15 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by zyban
After having problems with my head unit & having to send back for warranty I went to fit the new head unit today only to find the tech who removed my radio didn't leave the harness that goes from my loom to the hawg wired adaptor/ sony head unit.

This is the stock harness, does anyone know where i can get one or what the part number is, I went back to the shop that removed the head unit in the hope they may have had it laying around only to be told the guy doesn't work there anymore & they didn't know where he went, they said the fitment was not part of their shop & they wouldn't be liable for a replacement harness.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
what bike is this on please?

hmm.. I'm not following you on this one. The stock harness is the stock harness and it won't come off the bike.

Did you have something plugged into the hawgwired adapter than is not in a normal installation?

your stock harness (23 pin) should plug into the hawgwired controller and then the hawgwired controller plugs into the sony head unit via a 3.5mm plug.

The following users liked this post:
Ultar Rich (07-01-2020)
Old 12-18-2014, 06:23 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

are you referring to the harness circled in red here?

Old 12-19-2014, 05:56 AM
zyban
Tourer

found it, the clown cut the harness & then taped it to the wiring loom so it wouldnt look out of place????, any way they have agreed to repair it but said they would never fit another head unit to a bike, suits me fine because i wont be going back, as so as the new aquatronics unit comes out ill buy one & fit it myself, i'm done with finding a head unit that will last more then a few months before failing.
thanks for all the help.

Old 05-26-2020, 03:20 PM
GloryDayz
6th Gear

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but the title seems perfect for a newb to ask a question...

I just got my bike, and not long after that I started having what I'm told is the curse of the HD HK stereo, and that's that the sound just quits occasionally (radio still on, volume still up) and you have to power-cycle the stereo to get volume/sound back. I was also told that when the installers installed the Amp and stuck it on top of the HK, that wasn't good (so I might be looking at needing a bracket too)... So I have some options to wade through that range from shipping the stereo off for repair, buying a used on on ebay (and taking my chances), replace it with a new one, buying a not-HK replacement, or just keep mashing the power button a hundred times a day (which is a non-option). Anyway, while I'm looking at getting things right with the bike's tunes I'm wanting to have the back selector and volume switches wired up - they weren't wired-up when the original owner had the Tour Pack added to this 2012 FLHTC, and that's not going to work for me, I like ***** and buttons to work.

So here's the question, does anybody know what harness I need to buy to get those switches wired-in?

Last edited by GloryDayz; 05-26-2020 at 06:46 PM.