Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what baffles fit into the stock mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 08:00 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default what baffles fit into the stock mufflers?

I have read the SB muffler mod regarding the Cycle Shacks. Are there any other baffles that will fit in to the mufflers?
I just received a pair of '09 stock SB mufflers. Looking for a little more rumble, but nothing near my Thunderheader.

Thanks for the advice.

Do you think I could open the stock baffle up a little? Remove some packing? I haven't pulled them yet, so I do not know what they look like. I am looking to keep the stock look, but do not want a super loud bike.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:11 AM
gonzo956
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just gut them out completely, very deep nice rumble. If thats too loud you can cut the baffle about two inches towards the head pipe from where the rivets were. I think with the shorty baffle cut in two inches it sounds like Screamin Eagles. Not sure what sound youre looking for, just experiment with it.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could easily remove the baffles, drill some extra holes or unwrap the baffles, and then reinsert. The stock baffles in an 09 SB muffler have a few thousand tiny holes wrapped in packing. You could try a couple different methods. I'd borrow someone's decibel meter if you're going to attempt minor changes, you won't know if it was louder. Either that or take really good videos.

Before I did Gary7's baffle mod, I drilled a few holes in the stock baffles. I used a drillbit extender and did it with the baffles still in the muffs. It maybe made a 5% increase in sound (the holes weren't big - not an easy way to drill). I think that was a waste of time.

If you have the 09 stock mufflers, look into Gary7's mod. The baffles were $38-42 and the pipe adapters were $6 total. Cheap, easy, and a good way to get some sound. I didn't wrap my new baffles with anything so they're probably a lot louder had I wrapped them before putting them back.