Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put a deposit on a FatBob today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 11:05 AM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Put a deposit on a FatBob today!

Took a ride on Sunday and really liked the bike. I was never really an HD kind of guy but as I got older, I wanted to slow things down a bit. Im not the type to want to get a knee down in turns so I moved away from the sport bikes. I still like corner carving a bit so I've kept the Duati Diavel in the garage. That bike just wasn't the longer distance type cruiser I was looking for though.

So I went with the denim black. Should be here next week. I already have V&H exhaust picked out for it. Debating on just running it with that for a while or do a breather/tune as well and just call it a day.

Anyway, looking to build a nice family here. So far I've found a wealth of information.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:16 AM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Quick its not too late to get that money back and put it on a Wide Glide! JK welcome and enjoy! Do a stage 1 upgrade and ride the wheels off that thing

Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Haha, I just love the look of the big fat tire up front. The wide glide is sexy but I just cant.

Regarding exhaust, I see people who get quiet baffles on theirs. Is that an option usually to add to the V&H exhaust or does it have to be ordered with it already in there?

Old 05-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats on the new Fatbob.

Last edited by Misbehaven; 05-16-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:22 AM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Congrats on the new Fatboy LO. Now come on over to the softail section and post away.
Um, nope, FatBOB. I did like the FatBoy too but I wanted more ground clearance before scraping.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:24 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Congrats on the Fat Bob. You will want an upgraded ac and fuel tuner - take your time and do the homework, there are a lot of good options, just don't want to rush and regret later.

Last edited by HD Pilot; 05-16-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperM3
Um, nope, FatBOB. I did like the FatBoy too but I wanted more ground clearance before scraping.
Sorry My old eyes do me wrong at times. LOL

Old 05-16-2013, 11:28 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

[QUOTE=HyperM3;11300252]I already have V&H exhaust picked out for it. Debating on just running it with that for a while or do a breather/tune as well and just call it a day.[QUOTE]
From what I've read here, if it's a newer bike, adding pipes must have a better breather and tuner to go with them. I was surprised to hear that when I got mine in Nov. I was even more suprised at the cost.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:29 AM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by alansummrs
Congrats on th Fat Bob. You will want an upgraded ac and fuel tuner - take your time and do the homework, there are a lot of good options, just don't want to rush and regret later.
Yeah, most definitely. Im a research type of guy so I really like to know what Im getting into before I do it. That being said, apparently this was more impuslive than anything.

I look forward to a lot of good input on this bike.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:30 AM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
From what I've read here, if it's a newer bike, adding pipes must have a better breather and tuner to go with them. I was surprised to hear that when I got mine in Nov. I was even more suprised at the cost.
Thats funny because I just spoke with the manager and he said people are running fine with just pipes all day long. Might get some popping under decel but thats nothing. He said just do the tune after I upgrade the breather.

Quick Reply: Put a deposit on a FatBob today!