Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

LSR-Blackhole vs Supermeg 2-1

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 08:40 AM
rredneckn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSR-Blackhole vs Supermeg 2-1

Been looking at the RB blackhole 2-1 how does it compare with the supertrapp supermeg 2-1 for low end torque?Is it all its claimed to be ie RB website.Im running a supermeg now w/100 hp.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:11 AM
drdave
Cruiser
Default RE: LSR-Blackhole vs Supermeg 2-1

i've got the black ceramic lsr 2-1 black hole on my fltr that has a 113" head-quarters motor. it is very quiet and i love it for touring bikes. however, i am not sure it is a torque pipe as far as sheer numbers. i think you give up a little in performance when you design it to eliminate the soundlevels. i have not had time to dyno the bike but hope to in a couple of weeks when the weather improves.

the regular lsr 2-1 pipes are not tunable and seem to be free flowing pipes - they are a performance pipe, but more for hp in my opinion.being untunable, many tech's do not like them. i have a set of the regular lsr's on my fxdwg and i love the sound /look / quality - but i would say you would get slightly higher numbers on tq and maybe hp with a supertrapp that could be tuned specifically for what you want.

they are a very nice pipe. don't get me wrong - i would order another set for the next bike iown if that ever happens. but i want the sound and quality. if i was wanting sheer numbers, i would look at the d&d exhausts or the supertrapps.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I ran the Blackhole on my 103 build, it was a good pipe, fit and finish was excellent and it was relatively quiet. The performance was also good. The Fatcat will most likely give you better Tq numbers, but not by much IMO. I cannot speak to the Super Megs, but do know that the tuning can be a PIA, talk to Steve - MaineUltraClassic on this forum, he had one and was constantly f**king with it trying to get it where it was the right combination of discs, closed or open end cap. etc. I guess if you have the patience, you can get it dialed in.

I sold my Blackhole to Ram, as the head pipes were not big enough to handle the 120 build I just did. He is pretty darn happy with it, maybe he will chime in on this thread.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:59 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,434 Likes on 21,388 Posts

There's a pretty good thread on the nightrider site about 2-1's, and how they compare.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:05 PM
skyhook
Tourer

the blackhole is rare, not many people have it, and even fewer dyno charts have been posted...the only one I know of is on latus-harley-davidson.com...go to service, then dyno charts, then exhaust, and rb racing is toward the bottom of the page...the low rpm torque of that chart is terrible...saw another chart with that pipe and it wasn't good either...I have run several different 2 into 1 pipes and I love my supertrapp...I believe it's the best quiet power to be had

Old 01-27-2008, 10:19 AM
rredneckn
Cruiser

I looked at the chart at latus not real impressive and that was a 120 inch .

Old 01-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Baldhills
Stage III

Here's my story with R & B:
I ordered a set of LSR 2-1 blackhole pipes for my 07 RK classic in August of 2007. My first impression of them was good. I received the pipes towards the end of October and when I unpackaged them they had not packaged them sufficiently and the end of the pipe at the slash cut had a dent in it. I called R&B and talked to Lynn and told her the problem, I sent them back after talking to her to get them fixed and in January of 08 I got them back with the other end dented now (The end with the slip fittings). I was able to fix this with a wooden dowel rod and make it where it would slip into the slip joint ok, as I didn’t want to go thru another saga of their shipping and packing snafus.
Their packaging sucks galore! They wrap the sides fairly well and put no (zero only cardboard) cushioning on the ends so when the box is moved and placed on the ends it contacts the ground! I find this totally unbelievable and irresponsible on their part. And I get the impression when you call them that they think you have caused the damage due to improper handling. They will not even acknowledge that they are not packaging their pipes properly! I find this insulting and irresponsible on their part.
Also their customer service is really poor and they make you feel like you are a total annoyance for calling them to ask for an update on your delivery. Lynn is so so but the guy don’t know his name off hand (let's just call him As*hol*) is a total jerk. I will NEVER give them another cent of my money!
Buying pipes from them has been the worst shopping experience of my 49 year old life by far!
Be for warned! If you like being treated like garbage and totally unappreciated for doing business with them, I recommend them , as you will find they will deliver on that part.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Classic Beast
Tourer

took my super Trapp off and put on the Black hole, I run a 127" the Black hole is much better, performance, sound, quality, chrome and fit. This is the second RB pipe I bought and happy with them both. They are custom built pipes, they don't build them till you order them. I had the super Trapp on a 110" took off the RB LSR pipe as the neighbors didn't like the car alarms going off at 2am. It didn't make as much power as the RB but was quieter at first put the Super Trapp on the 127" and it was a lot louder, the motor just didn't seem happy besides not too happy with the tinny construction of the Super trapp I'm sure it would rust through fairly soon. I bought the Black hole which really woke up the 127" it's a lot happier now much smoother from idle on up. RB is not the only company trashing on their website, check out the baker site with the comments about the Jims 6 speed.