General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynojet power vision / bike running hot

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 05:08 AM
Nate Roth
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynojet power vision / bike running hot

I recently bought a power vision unit because I put a high flow k&n air filter on my bike and it needed tuned but after running several auto tunes and saving them and then applying them my bike is still running really hot around 320° to 340° f and no matter what I do it will not go down I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to these tuners any help would be appreciated

Old 08-25-2015, 07:34 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

First things first, go through and make sure all the plugs are secured.

Reload the base map closest to your configuration and do the auto tune procedure.

If that doesn't help, contact Dynojet and see about getting your Power Vision tested / replaced.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:43 PM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Two most obvious problems; either the O2 sensors are the wrong way around and you are pushing one ever more leaner and the other ever more richer.

Or you still have the PV in the autotune configuration and it's running stoich everywhere in your map rather than the AFR map you actually want. You mustn't leave the AFR map in the autotune configuration once you've finished the runs (assuming that it works like the TTS and SEPST)

Old 08-25-2015, 03:29 PM
Nate Roth
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank u for the replys I'm making sure I export my list then disable AT then load then load the AT I just saved. And how can I tell if the problem is with my O2 sensors?

Old 08-28-2015, 05:06 AM
peg20
Road Master

Originally Posted by Nate Roth
Thank u for the replys I'm making sure I export my list then disable AT then load then load the AT I just saved. And how can I tell if the problem is with my O2 sensors?
One plug is grey and one is black. I can't remember off-hand which way around they go, but the info is around on the web somewhere. Make sure they match at both ends (on the plugs and at the ECM).

EDIT: Also, if you put the pipes in yourself, make sure that the O2 sensors are properly seated and in the middle of the airflow.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:56 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,192 Likes on 2,457 Posts

Originally Posted by peg20
One plug is grey and one is black. I can't remember off-hand which way around they go, but the info is around on the web somewhere. Make sure they match at both ends (on the plugs and at the ECM).

EDIT: Also, if you put the pipes in yourself, make sure that the O2 sensors are properly seated and in the middle of the airflow.
easy way to remember, black is back.....

Old 08-29-2015, 05:33 PM
77Tulsa
Road Captain
Default Auto tune doesn't change ECM

Originally Posted by peg20
Two most obvious problems; either the O2 sensors are the wrong way around and you are pushing one ever more leaner and the other ever more richer.

Or you still have the PV in the autotune configuration and it's running stoich everywhere in your map rather than the AFR map you actually want. You mustn't leave the AFR map in the autotune configuration once you've finished the runs (assuming that it works like the TTS and SEPST)
It isn't like the other units mentioned, it only builds another map that you must save then load into your ecm after saving it.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:23 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,192 Likes on 2,457 Posts

while that's true, i think what peg20 is focusing on is the "Or you still have the PV in the autotune configuration and it's running stoich everywhere in your map rather than the AFR map you actually want"

if the op has not taken the pv out of autotune, then he is running 14.6 afr throughout the entire map. plus his timing has been retarded 4*.