Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

How do I get rid of my TSSM

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 08:28 AM
guzzigreg
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get rid of my TSSM

I have a 02 Carb RK and want to get rid of the TSSM. My MoCo dealer sold ALL the bikes with this "option" on them. I want to upgade my run/turn/stop lights and do not want to have to add a load Equalizer. Besides the TSSM is useless imho. How do I disconect and what do I put in it's place to get the turn signals to work.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:48 PM
jmetro
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

The Tssm is basically your turn signal module, with a security system as well. if you want your t/s to flash, you need this or something similar. if you just want to get rid of the security system, the dealer can deactivate it, or you can get a tsm to replace it. (TSSM=turn signal security module, TSM=Turn signal module) unfortunatly, unless you want to rewire a lot of the bike, you need one or the other as the bank angle sensor (cuts off the ign when the bike tips) is built into this as well. since the invention of solid state turn signal modules, you need to use a load eq if you are running leds or a similar low voltage/amp bullb/t/s setup. the only way to completely do away with it is to rewire the bike and use old school flashers. but then your t/s will not self cancel, and you have to hold down the turn button to have them continue to flash.

so basically im saying, keep the TSSM and have the security deactivated if that is what you don't want.

JD