Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS MasterTune Accel Enrichment Table ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Fritzables
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TTS MasterTune Accel Enrichment Table ??

I would like to better understand how the Accel Enrichment Table functions in the TTS MasterTune Calibration files.

In the comments for the AE, it suggests that the value in this table is a multiplier and is used against the Base Injector Pulsed Width.
The comments also add that the values greater than ‘1’ will result in a richer mix.

OK, now, this is where the confusion sets in. In my 2014 Dyna I have the TTS MasterTune Calibration: DHA358-01.

In the AE Table at an Engine Temp of 96C it uses a multiplier of 0.48. Doing the sums, if the Base Injector Pulse Width was 10mS for example, then the result would be: 10 * 0.48 = 4.8mS which is a leaner mix and not what one wants under acceleration.

So, where am I going wrong ??

Old 09-11-2014, 07:37 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Fritzables
I would like to better understand how the Accel Enrichment Table functions in the TTS MasterTune Calibration files.

In the comments for the AE, it suggests that the value in this table is a multiplier and is used against the Base Injector Pulsed Width.
The comments also add that the values greater than ‘1’ will result in a richer mix.

OK, now, this is where the confusion sets in. In my 2014 Dyna I have the TTS MasterTune Calibration: DHA358-01.

In the AE Table at an Engine Temp of 96C it uses a multiplier of 0.48. Doing the sums, if the Base Injector Pulse Width was 10mS for example, then the result would be: 10 * 0.48 = 4.8mS which is a leaner mix and not what one wants under acceleration.

So, where am I going wrong ??
If the base cal values are as stated then don't mess with them unless you have a lack of take off throttle response. You are over analyzing a function that you don't want too rich anyway. Take the time you are investing in this and dig more into data logging and adjusting spark tables along with vtuning and your ve tables. Post in the sticky if you want a analytical response.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Fritzables
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Slyedog,

No intentions of touching it but I am one of those people who like to understand the operation of the device regardless if I make an adjustment to a certain table or not.

Pete