Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie lol

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 01:45 AM
3fiddy
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie lol

Hello New here I own 08sg in north dakota I had 14 in yaffe bars installed at a local shop because the dealer is backed up till Sept so I took my bike in Wed morning around 10 am was told that it would b ready by the next morning well I came the next morning to see that my bike had jus been tore down and was told before I even asked that it wasn't done said by the end of the day ok fine well I came back still not done getting a little upset now mind you I asked several times when said tomorrow ok so now long story short 3days later 4 desperate ppl wrenching on my bike still not done so now I'm mad and all I get is blank stares when I get mad so now I guess I'M in the wrong bike all together we started lol exhaust leaking so he fixed that but now as I think I'm going to ride off lmao the throttle is not responding properly wide open barley getting any throttle could this b as simple as a ecm reset or are we looking at maybe some idiot did not wire the throttle by wire properly keep in mind I bought the proper extension kit even for the tbw any ideas?

Last edited by 3fiddy; 07-26-2014 at 01:47 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:37 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 3fiddy
Hello New here I own 08sg in north dakota I had 14 in yaffe bars installed at a local shop because the dealer is backed up till Sept so I took my bike in Wed morning around 10 am was told that it would b ready by the next morning well I came the next morning to see that my bike had jus been tore down and was told before I even asked that it wasn't done said by the end of the day ok fine well I came back still not done getting a little upset now mind you I asked several times when said tomorrow ok so now long story short 3days later 4 desperate ppl wrenching on my bike still not done so now I'm mad and all I get is blank stares when I get mad so now I guess I'M in the wrong bike all together we started lol exhaust leaking so he fixed that but now as I think I'm going to ride off lmao the throttle is not responding properly wide open barley getting any throttle could this b as simple as a ecm reset or are we looking at maybe some idiot did not wire the throttle by wire properly keep in mind I bought the proper extension kit even for the tbw any ideas?
Hard reading what you wrote but I think your indy was not qualified to perform the bar swap. I did my own 12" bar swap in my own garage in lesser time with no issues afterwards. Hopefully you didn't pay him upfront. If the bike ran fine prior to them touching it, yes, they have the wires screwed up. The ECM has nothing to do with it.....

Old 07-26-2014, 08:35 AM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

maybe some idiot did not wire the throttle by wire properly (keep in mind I bought the proper extension kit even for the tbw) any ideas?
^^^ This.

When my indy installed my Yaffe Classic Bagger Apes, which included new H-D poly riser bushings, new Magnum brake/clutch cables, new CVO TBW sensor kit and Guerilla wire extensions, he told me it would take a couple of days (since I had to come in to test fit the bars after they were installed). Plus, he wanted to road test the bike to be sure that everything was working as it should. This seemed very reasonable to me - and in the end - everyone was happy.

A couple of observations:

#1 You have to be reasonable. Things happen. You want the job done right the FIRST time.
#2 NEVER pitch a bitch when THEY have your bike.

If you're unhappy with the service, speak to the owner/manager, make your case, then give him the opportunity to make things right.

If you're satisfied with his response, great; otherwise, don't go back.

My $.02...

Old 07-26-2014, 09:30 AM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a nightmare...sorry this happened...can't imagine the misery.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts

Im always leary of taking my Harley to Indy shops. I know there is some good ones around but it always sucks when things go wrong. I always felt if it happens at an HD dealership they have to get it right and fix it.. Plus i guess in my head i feel like the Harley dealership mechanics are trained right for these specific bikes. Hope it works out for you!

Old 07-26-2014, 10:04 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

"maybe some idiot did not wire the throttle by wire properly (keep in mind I bought the proper extension kit even for the tbw) any ideas?"

yep that will do it !

Old 07-26-2014, 10:05 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Sorry, but I say take it back to this indy for correct fix...you already paid them so they must right their wrong.

Last edited by Iceman24; 07-26-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:02 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by dochawken
What a nightmare...sorry this happened...can't imagine the misery.
Are you referring to his story?

Or the run-on paragraph with no punctuation, capitalization or sentences?

I couldn't easily read it...

Old 07-26-2014, 11:34 AM
usraptor
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take it back to the Indy. They screwed up the wiring on the TBW. Good luck.